The Student Room Group

iMac for Uni

Hello, I am going to be studying physiotherapy at Uni and I am maybe thinking of getting an iMac, what are peoples thoughts and would it be worth it?
Reply 1
Te iMac is one hell of a computer but for uni you'll really need a laptop. I got a back macbook air which is a similair price but incredibly fast and light and great taking to lectures and the library.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Daniel396
Hello, I am going to be studying physiotherapy at Uni and I am maybe thinking of getting an iMac, what are peoples thoughts and would it be worth it?

Completely unnecessary for the specs, a basic computer will do you fine and save you a lot of money,
They're great computers, but unless you specifically need a desktop, I'd recommend a laptop instead so that you can work in the library, take notes in lectures etc.
Reply 4
No. They're ridiculously overpriced, you're paying 600 quid extra on what you'd get in a normal computer for the brand, nothing else.
Reply 5
You pay for the logo, not the computer, anyone who owns Apple products are mugs. Well except for their iPods, but everything else. Mugs.
iMacs are obviously good quality, but they're really more suited for intensive video editing / designing / computing rather than typical university tasks (i.e. writing essays / using the internet).

Also, most universities have a lot of desktop computers around campus - you'd be better off getting a laptop that you can bring to lectures. If you're intent on getting a mac, get a macbook instead, which combines the best features of the iMac with the convenience of a laptop.

It'd also be cheaper, so your wallet will certainly thank you for it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending