The Student Room Group

Guys. Would you want to know? Would you ever be able to forgive me?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chief Wiggum
So she chose to lie down in bed beside another guy, a guy who had just tried to have sex with her?

Lol.

She lay down before he was even in the room if you read what happened...
Original post by Classical Liberal
That might be true. But that doesn't mean every case of unwanted drunken sex is rape.

Obviously when somebody is passed out that is rape. But that is definitely not what has happened here.

If you take the attitude that whenever a girl is drunk and has sex with somebody and realises that it wasn't what she wanted later as rape, an awful lot of casual sex could be defined as rape, it just depends on how the girl feels about it later.

No it depends how the girl feels about it at the time not how they feel afterwards. If they don't want it at the time and tell the person to stop, as with the OP, then that is rape.

Also drunk is not the same as so drunk you have to lie down. In that state it is more someone having sex with you than you having sex.
Original post by SillyMilly
you didnt stop him? thats worse than cheating and getting with somebody ew

You think rape is worse than consensual cheating?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whilst I think getting wasted enough that you can't use your senses properly is always a stupid stupid thing to do, and likewise going into a man's bed, no matter your intentions, is also stupid if you don't want to have sex with him, this man done something to you that you didn't want and had no power to do so. It is rape.

I would tell your boyfriend, from your words. He may understand (though if I'm honest, I'm doubt it) and I'm sorry you had to go through such an ordeal.
Original post by Chief Wiggum
I agree, but then would a decent girlfriend get into bed with another guy who had just tried it on with her? :p:

If I were drunk and ended up in one of my friends beds, I would trust them to respect what I wanted and not try it on with me if I'd said no already. It's common decency. If you let someone sleep in your bed that does not mean they owe you sex. She was drunk, when I drink I get really sleepy and I just want to go to bed. Frequently get home from a night out and just lie down in my room thinking "I'll just have a nap and then go to the kitchen and chat to my flatmates" and then realise it's morning. :lol: I mean, she chose to get drunk but to be honest, even if that state of mind is self-inflicted it's still wrong to take advantage.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Aristocles123

Posted from TSR Mobile

Stop it, the troll isn't allowed any treats between meals.
Reply 166
That might be true. But that doesn't mean every case of unwanted drunken sex is rape.

Obviously when somebody is passed out that is rape. But that is definitely not what has happened here.

If you take the attitude that whenever a girl is drunk and has sex with somebody and realises that it wasn't what she wanted later as rape, an awful lot of casual sex could be defined as rape, it just depends on how the girl feels about it later.

Oh, I agree that it's not fair to have drunken sex which was consensual at the time (especially if it was mutually drunken) and then later call rape. That's not rape, that is just regretting something you thought was a good idea at the time.

But this wasn't regretting it later. This was refusing it at the time, and (as far as we can tell from the OPs post - which is all we have to go on in this situation) sexual activity was forced on her when she had already said no to him. Thus, although in this case it's not rape (it would have been if it had been penetrative sex), it is sexual assault.

Edit: I'm interested, though - how do you define rape, since you consider that 'unwanted sex is not rape'?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Stop it, the troll isn't allowed any treats between meals.

Point acknowledged

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by redferry
No it depends how the girl feels about it at the time not how they feel afterwards. If they don't want it at the time and tell the person to stop, as with the OP, then that is rape.

Also drunk is not the same as so drunk you have to lie down. In that state it is more someone having sex with you than you having sex.

You're still manipulating what she said to suit yourself. She never once said she was so drunk she had to lie down. She said she was drunk, angry and upset and went to sleep it off.

I have been drunk and gone to bed to sleep it off many, many times. Doesn't mean the room was spinning or that I was barely conscious or that I was so drunk I had to lie down.
Original post by Arturo Bandini
You're still manipulating what she said to suit yourself. She never once said she was so drunk she had to lie down. She said she was drunk, angry and upset and went to sleep it off.

I have been drunk and gone to bed to sleep it off many, many times. Doesn't mean the room was spinning or that I was barely conscious or that I was so drunk I had to lie down.

I guess maybe I am applying my own actions when drunk to this too much, as I would only go and lie down and remove myself from a social situation if it was getting to that point.

I think the main issue though is not that but that she said no and he still did it!
Reply 170
But, why were you in someone else's bed?
I guess maybe I am applying my own actions when drunk to this too much, as I would only go and lie down and remove myself from a social situation if it was getting to that point.

I think the main issue though is not that but that she said no and he still did it!

I don't disagree that the guy's actions seem dubious at best (although we're only hearing one side of the story and without much detail).

But in terms of actual relationship, which is what she was initially concerned about, she seems to have acted badly. If I was her bf - besides the severe consequences I would be dealing to the other guy involved - I don't think I'd be able to trust her again and would defo end the relationship.
Original post by Arturo Bandini
I don't disagree that the guy's actions seem dubious at best (although we're only hearing one side of the story and without much detail).

But in terms of actual relationship, which is what she was initially concerned about, she seems to have acted badly. If I was her bf - besides the severe consequences I would be dealing to the other guy involved - I don't think I'd be able to trust her again and would defo end the relationship.

Ok fair enough. I think if I was her bf though after that experience I'd trust her never to get into bed with anyone ever again! I know after my experience I have never been back to a guys house unless I am dating them.
Original post by freija

But this wasn't regretting it later. This was refusing it at the time, and (as far as we can tell from the OPs post - which is all we have to go on in this situation) sexual activity was forced on her when she had already said no to him. Thus, although in this case it's not rape (it would have been if it had been penetrative sex), it is sexual assault.

She had refused an advance earlier. That does not mean she will refuse all future advances. A girl can easily say "nah" and then the guy comes back to it later and she has changed her mind. Happens all the time.

Edit: I'm interested, though - how do you define rape, since you consider that 'unwanted sex is not rape'?

The victim needs be able to resist and then actually resist the advance.The victims needs to be able to say no, and say it. Or be able to push his dick away, and do it.

She didn't do that and she definitely could have. She was able to get him to stop before.

She said no earlier. She did not resist at the time. She could have resisted, she was able to resist earlier.
Reply 175
Original post by SillyMilly
well im sorry but I dont see how he suddanly just shoved it in her mouth without some initiation

Sometimes it's better to leave full details out of the picture, when you reveal these sort of things online?
She said no earlier. She did not resist at the time. She could have resisted, she was able to resist earlier.

No doesn't mean stick your cock in my mouth in 5 minutes time weirdly enough
Original post by Anonymous
Last weekend me and my boyfriend of 3 months, although weve been dating nearly a year, had a huge fight. Its my first serious relationship and our first fight and i guess i overreacted. Either way i dealt with it in the most immature way possible by going out and getting ridiculously drunk. My female friend and i ended up going back with two guys we know. One of these i have previously given head to but that was a long time before i was with my boyfriend. However we have hung out alone since many times and nothing has ever happened. He has occasionally hit on me but it always seemed jokey so i assumed it was a one off for both of us. My boyfriend knows about this.

However this night i was drunk angry and upset and asked if i could go sleep it off in his bed. I have slept in his bed, and drunk, before which again my boyfriend kniws about. He wasnt happy but he always appreciated the fact i didnt want to leave my friend on her own with two men. Again nothing has ever happened.

This time at some point he came and woke me up getting into bed. He started trying it on with me. He tried to have sex i said no. He kissed me and i pushed him off. I told hin i didnt want him to make me a cheat. He got weird and pissed off i didnt want to do anything but then apologised. I made the biggest mistake and got back into bed. He started gettinf himself off next to me and then, it all happened quite quickly, he was on top of me and in my mouth for about 5 seconds before he finished in me. I did nothig to stop.it. My memory is blurry because of tiredness/drunken but i cant honestly say i did anything to stop him. I dont know why. Ive been drunk before. Ive been angry before.i know neither are an excuse.

I have no feelings for this man. I never want to see him again and i will never speak to hin again. I hate myself for hurting my boyfriend. Hes the most amazing person i have ever met and i love him so much. I have never done anything like this before and i never wi again. My boyfriend was also my first. I have always told him the truth because i hate lying. Sone people say that it is best to not tell him and hurt his feelinngs over a one time thing like this and that he would not want to know. Is that really true? Is telling him selfish just to make my guilt go away because i hate lying? Im so confusef. I never thought i could be a cheat and i have no idea how to deal with the guilt because ive never really done anything 'bad' before? How do i tell him if that still is the right thing to do? Woukd he ever be able to care about me again?

I really hope you've read through all the replies that haven't quoted you on this thread . Most agree with me that it sounds like sexual assault. You said no to him kissing you, and you pushed him off, you also made it clear you didn't want him to make you a cheat. All of this would have let him know you wouldn't want his penis in your mouth but he put it there anyway.

Please seek help / counselling, and do still tell your boyfriend. If it were my other half, admittedly I would be annoyed that they'd gone to bed drunk with someone else but I'd be entirely sympathetic to what ensued. I would appreciate the honesty.
No doesn't mean stick your cock in my mouth in 5 minutes time weirdly enough

Pretty sure I have heard "no" and had sex 5 minutes later and that wasn't rape.

Cos I persuasive :sexface:
Original post by Aristocles123

Posted from TSR Mobile

a) its not rape get your words right first before you start branding such a seroius word around its sexual assult if IF its how its been described
b) i was stating that if it was simply a drunken mistake then yes i think having a cock in your mouth is worse than getting with somebody

Like i said we dont know if it was sexual assult then she should report him to the police make a statement and make him pay for what he did

However if its not, and im not saying its not but im just confused as to why she ended up in his bed then yes its worse than cheating

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending