The Student Room Group

Are any other girls like this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by jojo1995
Robert Downey jr is GREAT :biggrin: !! I love him too - but i think there is an even better celeb than him - Alex brown from Lawson OMG !!

But iron man is so good, the 3rd one is out soon lol

EDIT: op is defo a guy :P

EDIT 2 : his name is actually andy brown :redface:

I'm a female for crying out loud, lol. :rolleyes:
Reply 21
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
Surely this is a guy posing as a girl ? This .. cannot .... be

I can assure you I'm a female, and although this thread may shock you- it's true!

Just on the side note, I got excited when I saw the 1840s wedding suits for males at the Greenwood store and thought, my husband better wear that (one day)! :wink:
Perhaps there is hope for us chivalrous intelligent types after all :hat2:
Ah, I'd like to think you and I could get on quite well.
Reply 24
Original post by therisenmitten
I've actually never seen iron man or the avengers :getmecoat:

but I love robert downey jr as sherlock holmes in the films!
Maybe I just have a massive thing for sherlock holmes in general... I'll admit I did fancy him a bit when reading the books :colondollar: ...dat intellect

also tyler durden was a bit of a dick

:O
You've got to check them out, as the other lass that quoted you expressed so forcefully.

Hahaha, true dat.

:O Tyler Durden is the Ubermensch. I'm not gay, but if I was, I'd be gay for Tyler. :colondollar: How can you not find him irrepresively ambrosial?
Reply 25
Original post by Future African game vet

:biggrin: thats sweet :smile:

and op, i totally agree with you 100% x

Haha, is it? :tongue:
I've always tried to be chivalrous and courteous, but I've never really fancied myself much of a romantic. Been far too cynical and sarcastic for that.

But this last week, I've sort of entrenched myself in its seductive, schmaltzy embrace with reckless abandon.

I did this one last night. :colondollar: :tongue:

Desiderata

In the Velvety Blackness I wait,
For her Wondrous Resplendence.
In silence, I dream and consecrate
That Elysian colleen that has hence,

Condemned my Verve to stay
Enraptured, Transfixed and Bound,
To her remembrance, her heart’s play,
Which I delight in ever having found.

Oh, my desiderata so sweet!
Gone from me is she!
Anguish, for that lass that I so need to meet!
Ah, how pathetic I can sometimes be!

And so, my nights grow forlorn and sad,
Aught I can do, but yearn for her that I once had…
Original post by Anonymous
This is not a serious thread post, I'm just really curious.

I basically don't find the usual celebrities attractive that my friends or other people would. Actually, I don't remember the last time I had a celebrity crush. You get all these girls who are either obsessed with Harry Styles or Ian Somerholder. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they're ugly but I don't find them attractive.

I'm more of the personality person, I don't know, if a guy has a really nice attitude and is open minded etc I would really fall for him regardless of looks. Not completely, but mostly.

For example I remember a colleague who I thought was really cute and nice but then i found out he smoked and it was a complete turn off for me. Bad habits and a stinking personality puts me off no matter how hot the person is!

Oh and another big thing, I like intelligent aand sophisticated guys. Some people find posh-speaking males as pretentious, I really think that's attractive. I want an educated and well-mannered husband.

The 1940/50s men were so my type! From they way they dressed to the way they spoke.

Anyone else getting me or am I on my own here!!?? ahah

From the guy perspective I'm pretty thankful there are still women like that out there. There is far too much obsession with looks, fads and what have you. It's always the slightly weird and quirky, or strong personalities that I find most attractive :smile:
The character thing is so trueeee

Robert D as Iron Man/Sherlock, Chris H as Thor, Colin as Mr Darcy, Ed Westwick as Chuck Bass...

I never got crushes on guys like others aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I basically don't find the usual celebrities attractive that my friends or other people would. Actually, I don't remember the last time I had a celebrity crush. You get all these girls who are either obsessed with Harry Styles or Ian Somerholder. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they're ugly but I don't find them attractive.

I'm more of the personality person, I don't know, if a guy has a really nice attitude and is open minded etc I would really fall for him regardless of looks. Not completely, but mostly.

For example I remember a colleague who I thought was really cute and nice but then i found out he smoked and it was a complete turn off for me. Bad habits and a stinking personality puts me off no matter how hot the person is!

Oh and another big thing, I like intelligent aand sophisticated guys. Some people find posh-speaking males as pretentious, I really think that's attractive. I want an educated and well-mannered husband.

The 1940/50s men were so my type! From they way they dressed to the way they spoke.

I think you have highlighted the difference between a girl and a woman. It sounds as if you are just a bit more mature in your tastes than are the "girls" around you.
Original post by pinksugar
The character thing is so trueeee

Robert D as Iron Man/Sherlock, Chris H as Thor, Colin as Mr Darcy, Ed Westwick as Chuck Bass...

I never got crushes on guys like others aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think your getting infatuation mixed up with over emotions . In my opinion you need to let go of this fantasy thing , guys might drool over Megan fox or chat about how fit Mila kunis is but we don't delude ourselves into ignoring other girls because these celebrities are 10s.
Reply 30
I'm kinda like this, the only celeb crush I had was David Tennant - but who could blame me?! My friends used to make comments about 'hot' guys and how they would like to go out with them from just looking at them however they never knew anything about them
Reply 31
no, you are most definately the only person in the world like that
Reply 32
Original post by MW24595
I've always tried to be chivalrous and courteous, but I've never really fancied myself much of a romantic. Been far too cynical and sarcastic for that.

But this last week, I've sort of entrenched myself in its seductive, schmaltzy embrace with reckless abandon.

Desiderata

Gone from me is she!

That's beautiful! I sort of have a thing for complex English, and good vocabulary. You should be proud of this right here!

Also, on another note, I feel you, OP. Especially when it comes to intelligence. I love people whom I can hold intelligent conversations with and come out better educated but not belittled by the end of it. :smile: Chivalry is always a plus. Bring on the door opening and arm extending! :wink:
Reply 33

Yeah I am the 'weird one' out of my group of friends in terms of who I am attracted to - I have a massive thing for guys with beards, don't find the vast majority of male celebs attractive etc and I really dislike particularly muscular bodies on guys.

However I find the posh accent is a massive turn-off after some of my experiences at uni. Northern accents, however :perv:

I also would fall for a guy pretty much regardless of looks (with a few exceptions, like if they were very muscly or very fat I find that to be a major turn-off so they would have to be perfect personality wise, which lets face it no-one is.
Original post by MW24595

Desiderata

Gone from me is she!

thats very deep (and slightly tragic!). I love the use of archaic language - there is something very entrancing about it - I'm particularly drawn to people who use non typical words/ speaking patterns (particularly if it's formal).

I like to write poetry too, though I have never been with a guy I feel would appreciate it .. so keep it to myself :wink: Though what I tend to do is write stories... I always have one on the go; most of them are based on dreams I have (Tend to have very realistic dreams nightly).

Are you an Engligh Lit student? :tongue:
Phew, i literally though i was the only person who had this problem :tongue: nice to know im not alone
Personality>Looks BUT there does need to be some phsyical attraction. That's pretty easy though imo, good hygene, haircut and a decent dress sense should be enough. :top:
Reply 37
Original post by SpicyThighs
From the guy perspective I'm pretty thankful there are still women like that out there. There is far too much obsession with looks, fads and what have you. It's always the slightly weird and quirky, or strong personalities that I find most attractive :smile:

Brill! :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
Perhaps there is hope for us chivalrous intelligent types after all :hat2:

ahah, too right :rolleyes:
Reply 39
Original post by sn8595
That's beautiful! I sort of have a thing for complex English, and good vocabulary. You should be proud of this right here!

Also, on another note, I feel you, OP. Especially when it comes to intelligence. I love people whom I can hold intelligent conversations with and come out better educated but not belittled by the end of it. :smile: Chivalry is always a plus. Bring on the door opening and arm extending! :wink:

Haha, thanks. :biggrin:
Really, a "thing for complex English"? That's pleasantly piquant, in the ambrosial sense. :tongue:
Well, I kept amusingly thrashing myself for the syrupy sentimentality I've laced it in. XD I admit I usually hold softness in Nietzschean disdain.
But ha! I'm flattered you think I should be. :smile:

As for Chivalry, :cool: , well, one tries. But the weird thing is, romance has grown so forward, I've often observed decorous folk being mistaken for being uninterested, and so, are handed residency in the friend-zone. :tongue:

Original post by Future African game vet
thats very deep (and slightly tragic!). I love the use of archaic language - there is something very entrancing about it - I'm particularly drawn to people who use non typical words/ speaking patterns (particularly if it's formal).

I like to write poetry too, though I have never been with a guy I feel would appreciate it .. so keep it to myself :wink: Though what I tend to do is write stories... I always have one on the go; most of them are based on dreams I have (Tend to have very realistic dreams nightly).

Are you an Engligh Lit student? :tongue:

Ah, Thank You, Miss. :smile:
Haha, really? I'd fear people might just find it pretentious and obfuscatory. Lingual quirks are great, but then again, it shouldn't morph into blithe obnubilation, now should it? :tongue:

And ha, really? Well, let me see some. And ha, worry not, not all us males are atavistic aesthetes. :tongue:
Or you could just link me to some of your fictional stuff, perchance. :tongue: Dreams, eh? Curious.

Oh, lol, no. My principal once sponsored my English Lit. AS-Level, though.
I actually study Mathematics and Physics. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending