The Student Room Group

Why do people change when they become gay

I don't mean this in a homophobic way but, there was this guy I knew, who was just normal, he came out and he was just the same, everyone accepted it, then a week later he started putting on this high pitched voice and started like prancing around and being in everyone's face,I've nothing against gays but it annoys me when people are in my face, why would anyone change like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Maybe that's what he was always like and now he just feels like he can show it. As in before he was mascarading.
Errr because that's who he was all along but felt the need to hide it because of people like you?
Reply 3
I can kinda understand where you are coming from. There was a kid at my school who was a decent rugby player and had a lot of guy mates. Anyway he came out as gay and suddenly no longer hung out with any of his male friends and stopped playing rugby. Seeing someone change that much can obviously cause a disruption in friendships and what not, but then again I can also understand that he might have felt that he had been living a lie and wanted to end it all and start afresh. Anyhow I think that you should just accept this person for who he is and be happy that he now feels confident enough to express himself. At the end of the day if his behaviour annoys you then you can just ignore him.
Reply 4
I understand he might have felt different inside but why put on a high pitched voice? That clearly isn't natural

Posted from TSR Mobile
I came out as bisexual and have not changed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Often if someone's rubbing other people's faces in their sexuality its because they haven't fully accepted or come to terms with it themselves. Kind of pushing it to extremes because if other people can accept it, maybe they can too. Initially its much more of a big deal to them because they've probably been agonising over their identity and coming out and all that comes with it for a long time. Its also a way of experimenting with their identity.
Reply 7
Original post by razza1333
I don't mean this in a homophobic way but, there was this guy I knew, who was just normal, he came out and he was just the same, everyone accepted it, then a week later he started putting on this high pitched voice and started like prancing around and being in everyone's face,I've nothing against gays but it annoys me when people are in my face, why would anyone change like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's probably how he wanted to be all along, and coming out was a weight off his chest and now he feels free to be who he wants to be :smile: How is he no longer normal by the way? I know plenty of loud attention seeking morons, both male/female and straight/gay, I wouldn't say it's abnormal!

Also, "become gay"? :confused:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by razza1333

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because he wanted to? Or perhaps he was trying hard to mask it before?

Some people can be a bit in your face but it's not down to whether they're gay or straight. I know some VERY camp gay guys but I wouldn't say they're in your face. I also know some straight people who are in your face.
I think it might have something to do with being 'free'. They have come out, and they don't have to play into the stereotype anymore. They don't have to do what others expect them to. Like the one example about the rugby player. Maybe he felt as though now he could truly be himself, and playing rugby just didnt fit into who he truly was. I would say they would't have to put on an act anymore. They are just truly being themselves. Even if it comes with a high pitched voice :smile:
Reply 10
Chances are he's not just "become gay" - it doesn't happen over night, he will have probably been hiding a lot of feelings and now he's out he can do what he likes. It probably won't last forever, it's probably just the relief that he can finally be who he's been wanting to be for a long time. Also, being the "stereotypical gay", as wrong as I may be, in my experience makes it easier to find other gay people and could be a helping hand in the attention department.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending