The Student Room Group

Why don't you girls report club gropers to police?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Felix Felicis
Wrong account? :colone:

Nope. :colone:
How would the girl be able to prove that the guy in question actually groped her?

I've been in a situation once where some dickhead smacked a girl's ass and she turned around and thought it was me!
Because many actually like it :awesome:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by sissoko46
Well can you get groped in supermarkets? No. So girls should avoid clubbing if its inevitable that they will end up being groped and wont be able to do anything about it.

Stop victim blaming. Why don't you focus on the fact that men/women shouldn't be groping others in clubs (or anywhere else) if it's unwanted
If you were a girl you would realise that this is a pretty minor incident compared with things we have to put up with on a daily basis.

It would be impossible to report everything and to be honest the police would have little sympathy.
Original post by edithwashere
You'd do better to ban men who grope from clubs, rather than the women they grope :rolleyes:

Judging from a number of your posts in this thread, you're implying that it's only men that grope? Don't be so ridiculous.
Because secretly...

They love it!

In reality, many girls wouldn't leave the police station, they'd be filing so many complaints.

Edit: bouncers in clubs are often really helpful though, they will chuck the guy out if you let them know usually.

And then usually kick their heads in around the corner. Happened to a friend of mine when some girl accused him of lifting up her dress when he didn't.
Because most girls dont really give a crap about it?
Reply 49
By your logic then sexual assault is not punishable in clubs so why do girls keep going to a place where it is OK to be assaulted?

well a lot of the time we dont just go and let it happen

if a guy expects me to take a slap on the arse then i expect him to happily take one to the face

Also i only tend to go with my boyfriend or my bf's brother and their guy mates, so guys dont try it on much when they are there
Original post by Farhan.Hanif93
Judging from a number of your posts in this thread, you're implying that it's only men that grope? Don't be so ridiculous.

Nope, but since this thread is aimed at girls, I'd assume that it's obvious I'm talking about the people who grope girls, who are usually guys. I never denied the fact that men can be groped, but from my personal experience men are the ones doing the groping, not women.
Original post by DaveSmith99
And then usually kick their heads in around the corner. Happened to a friend of mine when some girl accused him of lifting up her dress when he didn't.

That post seems really sinister with your sig... :colondollar:

And fair enough, I'm not saying that bouncers are the best people on the planet, but they're the best people to turn to for help if you're a victim of groping.
That post seems really sinister with your sig... :colondollar:

And fair enough, I'm not saying that bouncers are the best people on the planet, but they're the best people to turn to for help if you're a victim of groping.

Yeah theres not really anyone else you can turn to in that environment, it's just that I have developed a huge mistrust of bouncers. I've been beaten up a bouncer before for not being a 'local', and a lot of my friends have for crimes ranging from nothing to stuff they deserved to get thrown out for. Lot's of bouncers are coked/speeded up to their eyeballs and look for any excuse to beat up people, especially students.
Reply 53
I don't know about you but if you go somewhere dressed in a tight dress, high heels etc... I don't know why you wouldn't expect it.

I'm not saying I agree with it but at night, in cramped areas and high adrenaline things are bound to happen and if you don't want to be subject to it go to the club in an Adidas tracksuit if you want to just 'listen to music' and 'be with your friends', I'm sure nobody will bat an eyelid at you then.
Reply 54
When guys violate you by deliberately grabbing/touching your bits without consent this is actually illegal so why don't you file a complaint to stop this practice from spreading and in time even becoming a norm if something isn't done about it.

you c***block
Original post by Don Dadda
I don't know about you but if you go somewhere dressed in a tight dress, high heels etc... I don't know why you wouldn't expect it.

I'm not saying I agree with it but at night, in cramped areas and high adrenaline things are bound to happen and if you don't want to be subject to it go to the club in an Adidas tracksuit if you want to just 'listen to music' and 'be with your friends', I'm sure nobody will bat an eyelid at you then.

With respect, clothing has nothing to do with it. I get the same amount of harassment regardless of whether I'm wearing a hoodie or a low cut top. You should focus on changing the attitudes of the perpetrators, not changing the behaviour of the victims.

Also, how many nightclubs do you know that allow tracksuits? Most places have some sort of dress code, and girls are expected to "dress up" to get in.
i'm not gonna lie, i like it! :tongue: but tbh i lose all my self-respect and morals when i'm drunk :redface: i also feel boys up but just their torso area and i play with their hair. I don't care we're all drunk, i don't know them and it won't go further :rolleyes:
Original post by Don Dadda

This is not true at all. The last time I was harrased by a man whilst walking home and told to get in his car I was wearing jeans and a mens hoodie which covered my head (it was raining).
I get harrased on a daily basis whilst walking to uni, around the supermarket on the tube etc whilst wearing extremely casual and unflattering clothes.
You can't really assume anything about the sort of people that get harrased without any evidence to back it up.

On the tracksuit thing, a girl would never be allowed into a club wearing a tracksuit. In fact a lot of time bouncers expect you to dress in revealing clothing in order to be let in. Whilst men can waltz in wearing jeans or whatever.
Original post by sausageez
i'm not gonna lie, i like it! :tongue: but tbh i lose all my self-respect and morals when i'm drunk :redface: i also feel boys up but just their torso area and i play with their hair. I don't care we're all drunk, i don't know them and it won't go further :rolleyes:

Congratulations on making men feel that girls in clubs are fair game.

Either make out with/sleep with the guy or leave him alone. No one likes a tease.
Original post by therisenmitten
Congratulations on making men feel that girls in clubs are fair game.

Either make out with/sleep with the guy or leave him alone. No one likes a tease.

some girls in clubs ARE fair game! what's wrong with that? if i fancy a boy when i'm drunk, i will make out with him, nobody give a ****! but if i don't fancy him, i'll walk away. If a guy feels a girl up and she knees him in the balls, sucks for him, u win some u lose some that's life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending