The Student Room Group

I've been a bad girlfriend and I feel my boyfriend needs someone better

I have been with my boyfriend for almost 3 years now. However, in the first year or so, I was very bad to him. I cheated on him (I didn't sleep with anyone, but did a few other things) and I am very insecure so have told a lot of lies to him, and flirted with other guys.

I've told him everything, and he still wants to be with me, but I just feel so bad about everything all the time. I haven't done anything like it since. But I feel so awful. He is an absolute sweetie! I love him so much! But I feel like he deserves someone better than me! and I don't know what to do! I don't want to break up with him, but he deserves someone so much better!

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Well that's just stupid. He forgave you, you changed and are now lovely to him. Just continue with that.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I have been with my boyfriend for almost 3 years now. However, in the first year or so, I was very bad to him. I cheated on him (I didn't sleep with anyone, but did a few other things) and I am very insecure so have told a lot of lies to him, and flirted with other guys.

I've told him everything, and he still wants to be with me, but I just feel so bad about everything all the time. I haven't done anything like it since. But I feel so awful. He is an absolute sweetie! I love him so much! But I feel like he deserves someone better than me! and I don't know what to do! I don't want to break up with him, but he deserves someone so much better!

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

One thing to remember, is not to over-compensate

From what you've said, you messed up, came clean, and realise it was stupid. This is good.

Your boyfriend has forgiven you, and will learn to trust you again, but the worst thing to do is put ideas in his head that he shouldn't be with you, because I'm sure you don't really want that, a lot of people would see it as wanting you two to be even, to assuage the guilt you feel.
Guilt is natural, it's a feeling you get when you realise you did something wrong, and it keeps us in check from doing it again.

As long as you are sure you won't do it again, your boyfriend will realise this soon enough :smile:
Reply 3
Can't you just... I dunno try to better yourself?
Reply 4
He moved on when most - i included- would have dumped you to timbucktu.

So be yourself, and don't cheat if you truly like him?

If you DID , you would not have cheated , would you?

Man, i don't get how flimsy relationships are to these modern day ' free spirited party goers'.
Why are you with him? You obviously don't respect him, his feelings or your relationship.

You don't seem like youre happy enough with yourself to be in a relationship. You'd be doing him a favour by leaving him and allowing him to find someone who can treat him in a way he deserves.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending