The Student Room Group

How often to text girl

I have known this girl for around 4 weeks, met once only and not sure how often to keep in contact with her? Message her daily or every few days?
Original post by Jessie_1991
I have known this girl for around 4 weeks, met once only and not sure how often to keep in contact with her? Message her daily or every few days?

Just text her whenever you want to. There's no point in limiting yourself to texting once every few days if you think of something you want to say to her more regularly than that. Obviously don't text her every minute of every day but a few texts a day will make sure she keeps thinking about you and show that you're interested.
Reply 2
Original post by pinkbullets
Just text her whenever you want to. There's no point in limiting yourself to texting once every few days if you think of something you want to say to her more regularly than that. Obviously don't text her every minute of every day but a few texts a day will make sure she keeps thinking about you and show that you're interested.

At the start I used to send her a couple a day but it would take her AGES to reply.

Also the conversations never move forward in terms of they are always about work, plans for weekend. Whenever I try and move the conversation forward she ignores it.
Reply 3
Also the conversations never move forward in terms of they are always about work, plans for weekend. Whenever I try and move the conversation forward she ignores it.

Take a hint
Original post by Yawn11
Take a hint

Haha, I wish I had some pos rep left. :cool:

Message her with some big news, to start a convo. Maybe mention to her that "Lady Thatcher has died. Hope will we get a bank holiday now! lollolololol"

If she ignores you, move on. But I hazard a guess that she ain't gonna ignore you.
Reply 6
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Message her with some big news, to start a convo. Maybe mention to her that "Lady Thatcher has died. Hope will we get a bank holiday now! lollolololol"

If she ignores you, move on. But I hazard a guess that she ain't gonna ignore you.

I have tried a similar thing in the past with her, she will reply most probably in a couple of hours, she will then ask me questions etc, I will reply thinking the convo is starting then no response.

In a couple of days I will send another message and this feels like one big circle. How can I change this?
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel

I just went on BBC news to check this out, didn't realise that this had happened. Sort of strange to learn about this kind of news through TSR.
I have tried a similar thing in the past with her, she will reply most probably in a couple of hours, she will then ask me questions etc, I will reply thinking the convo is starting then no response.

In a couple of days I will send another message and this feels like one big circle. How can I change this?

Mate, I don't think you can. It may be hard to take if you're into her but the reason her texting is infrequent and you haven't met up more times is probably because she's not as interested in you. Instead of wasting your time with a girl who's not responding, best to focus your attention elsewhere!
Reply 9
Original post by superduper9
Mate, I don't think you can. It may be hard to take if you're into her but the reason her texting is infrequent and you haven't met up more times is probably because she's not as interested in you. Instead of wasting your time with a girl who's not responding, best to focus your attention elsewhere!

I understand what your saying but if she was not interested in me, then why would she reply? If I don't send her a message for a few days she will message me off her own back starting a new conversation. Confused now as to why she would do this if not interested?
Reply 10
Call her out on her slow replies and tell her to sort it out if she wants to keep talking. If she does then problem solved, if not move on.
I understand what your saying but if she was not interested in me, then why would she reply? If I don't send her a message for a few days she will message me off her own back starting a new conversation. Confused now as to why she would do this if not interested?

Hmm, what does she say when she initiates the convo?
Reply 12
Hmm, what does she say when she initiates the convo?

Asking about my work, family, plans for the week. Then what she has done during the week, her plans for the week, lets me know how her nieces and nephews are doing. Nothing detailed but you know just enough to keep me interested :smile:
Asking about my work, family, plans for the week. Then what she has done during the week, her plans for the week, lets me know how her nieces and nephews are doing. Nothing detailed but you know just enough to keep me interested :smile:

Well from that, I'm sort of picking 2 things: 1. she probably does want you to chase her a bit and 2. the more you keep talking about family, nieces and nephews, the further you're going to get into becoming good/close friends.

To change that you might want to make your texts a bit more flirtier, it doesn't hurt to be a bit cheeky and naughty, see how far you can push the boundaries, start a bit of banter, see how she responds and ask her out for another day/evening out. I don't know your situation fully but those would be my suggestions.
Reply 14
Well from that, I'm sort of picking 2 things: 1. she probably does want you to chase her a bit and 2. the more you keep talking about family, nieces and nephews, the further you're going to get into becoming good/close friends.

To change that you might want to make your texts a bit more flirtier, it doesn't hurt to be a bit cheeky and naughty, see how far you can push the boundaries, start a bit of banter, see how she responds and ask her out for another day/evening out. I don't know your situation fully but those would be my suggestions.

Tried that kind of, we were talking about how good the weather has been over this weekend gone and how she had to work on the Sunday so I said I hope your going to think of me sitting in the garden enjoying the sun while your at work. Personally think I could have flirted a bit more with the text but she doesn't seem that kind of girl that would flirt back and she didn't even reply to that basic text.

I asked her a week ago if you want to meet up again... her "excuse" was she was busy with work but will let me know when shes got a day free.

Don't really know what I am doing wrong. Trying my best with her and can't figure out if shes not interested then why doesn't she just say "lets stay friends for now etc".
(edited 11 years ago)
Tried that kind of, we were talking about how good the weather has been over this weekend gone and how she had to work on the Sunday so I said I hope your going to think of me sitting in the garden enjoying the sun while your at work. Personally think I could have flirted a bit more with the text but she doesn't seem that kind of girl that would flirt back and she didn't even reply to that basic text.

I asked her a week ago if you want to meet up again... her "excuse" was she was busy with work but will let me know when shes got a day free.

Don't really know what I am doing wrong. Trying my best with her and can't figure out if shes not interested then why doesn't she just say "lets stay friends for now etc".

I know where you're coming from. Its quite difficult in these situations when the girl is not very responsive. You're right, you can definitely try a bit harder with the flirting - I wouldn't say that was really flirting, more just a friendly joke/knock.

Instead, you could have said something like ... "see, if you worked where I work, then we could be getting up to all sorts by now :wink:"

I realise you can only get flirty if she texts back fairly frequently, otherwise you lose the string in the convo. Girls are often unlikely to be open early on to very simply say "lets stay friends".

Don't let it get you down. Enjoy the chase, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Just give it your best shot. Each girl is different; you have to find something that gets her excited. If its not flirting, then you may have to get a bit of jealousy going. Now, this is dangerous but could pay off. If you happen to text to say "omg I just this absolutely pretty girl in town and got chatting to her ...." and leave it at that, she may become interested. If she likes you, then she may start taking more of an effort. If not, she may move on.
Reply 16
She could be:

Playing hard to get.
She doesn't want to seem really interested too soon, in case it all goes to pot.
She may have had bad relationships in the past.
She may be busy a lot of the time working/ studying.
How well do you think you know her?...
Just take it steady and relax!

She is probably thinking about you loads but is keeping her cards close to her chest

So don't worry and just relax, maybe ask to meet for a drink and talk it through with her

Hope this helps
What's the point of incessant texting? Either you like her enough to ask her out or you decide you're not that into her and stop texting. Strike while the iron is hot. She might well lose interest if you don't make a move.
Reply 18
Original post by Climbontoyourseahorse
What's the point of incessant texting? Either you like her enough to ask her out or you decide you're not that into her and stop texting. Strike while the iron is hot. She might well lose interest if you don't make a move.

I have asked her once to meet and she can't due to work commitments. Would it not look "pushy" if I ask her again even tho she said she will let me know?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending