The Student Room Group

Feel so lonely and unwanted by everyone :'(

This is just to get my feelings out.

But recently i've come to notice that no one really bothers with me anymore.
And i'm always the one who has to talk first or i have to be the one to arrange things, even if someone else was the one to ask about hanging out first, otherwise they wouldnt even follow through with it.

I go out every now and then on weekends with friends, as of uni in the week.
but i still feel lonely :frown:
I also recently got broken up 2months ago, by a guy i considered my best friend and thought was amazing.
And because he was my first boyfriend it took me 18 years to feel comfortable with someone and he was the first guy i ever loved, because of how close we we're and how much we enjoyed each others company and i did think we would of worked out when uni came and it would be ok, but now we're not together and he just acts hot and cold with me, and it hurts because i still have some feelings for him and do miss his company:frown:

It takes me ages to feel comfortable around people, because i've never really had friends that would contact me every second of the day and ask me to come out or to see how i am.
I used to always enjoy my own company and was used to the whole seeing friends when i can thing,
But now since i got broken up with, i've just felt so lonely :'(

I really just wish i had someone there for me :frown:
because i feel like no one cares unless they have nothing to do, or no one better to talk or see.
And im just fed up of it :frown:

I'm fed up of clubbing now, and drinking all the time to have fun, i miss casual nights in with drinks, watching movies or playing stupid drinking games.
I also get told to go make new friends, but my town is so boring and people my age(19) are either chav's who go clubbing and wasting money on drinks every night, or they all go to different uni's which i can travel to see unless i have holidays but its still boring in this town..

I just miss having those people who care about you, and want to see or spend time with you.
I know this is kind of obvious, but have you tried joining societies in your uni? You make friends and get to see them routinely, and get to go on socials with them and stuff.
Reply 2
hey :smile: you could always do some volunteering or get a part time job that fits around your lectures/holidays!! and i bet if you say one night to someone do you want to stay in with drinks and watch a movie they will, or they'll promise another night! you can always email me if you get lonely- [email protected] :smile:
oh and trust me your town CANNOT be more boring then mine haha, find some work there so you can keep yourself occupied instead of staying at home and having to think about how bored you are, and you will meet new people!!!
xxx
Reply 3
Original post by izzypetrie
hey :smile: you could always do some volunteering or get a part time job that fits around your lectures/holidays!! and i bet if you say one night to someone do you want to stay in with drinks and watch a movie they will, or they'll promise another night! you can always email me if you get lonely- [email protected] :smile:
oh and trust me your town CANNOT be more boring then mine haha, find some work there so you can keep yourself occupied instead of staying at home and having to think about how bored you are, and you will meet new people!!!
xxx

Aww thanks :smile:
And trust me my town is utter boring now, don't know if its because i've grown up and all that there is to do is pubs,bars and clubs, which I'm so bored of now.
but the only town everyone goes to in an hour away, which i do go too, but its all the traveling there and back, so i can drink all the time, and anyways thats all that my friends like to do :/

I just wish i had things or people to keep me company on holidays off of uni haha,
just seems like since my ex broke up with me, i didnt just lose a best friend i also lose a couple of friends too, because i had 3 friends who are now in his uni class and we all used to be close last year.
but now they dont care or talk and they probs wouldnt be good friends if it wasnt for me :/

and yeah i have one person who would stay in for drinks or movies, but i'll have to wait till summer holidays to see them, as they go to uni in london, so it sucks :/ and they would probs want to see their other friends anyways and go clubbing.

Just miss the whole 'people being interested' and wanting to talk or see me :/
I Didnt think uni would be like this, intact, it feels like a lot of people have dropped me since i started uni.

Thanks for your email and reply :smile: x
Original post by Anonymous
This is just to get my feelings out.

But recently i've come to notice that no one really bothers with me anymore.
And i'm always the one who has to talk first or i have to be the one to arrange things, even if someone else was the one to ask about hanging out first, otherwise they wouldnt even follow through with it.

I go out every now and then on weekends with friends, as of uni in the week.
but i still feel lonely :frown:
I also recently got broken up 2months ago, by a guy i considered my best friend and thought was amazing.
And because he was my first boyfriend it took me 18 years to feel comfortable with someone and he was the first guy i ever loved, because of how close we we're and how much we enjoyed each others company and i did think we would of worked out when uni came and it would be ok, but now we're not together and he just acts hot and cold with me, and it hurts because i still have some feelings for him and do miss his company:frown:

It takes me ages to feel comfortable around people, because i've never really had friends that would contact me every second of the day and ask me to come out or to see how i am.
I used to always enjoy my own company and was used to the whole seeing friends when i can thing,
But now since i got broken up with, i've just felt so lonely :'(

I really just wish i had someone there for me :frown:
because i feel like no one cares unless they have nothing to do, or no one better to talk or see.
And im just fed up of it :frown:

I'm fed up of clubbing now, and drinking all the time to have fun, i miss casual nights in with drinks, watching movies or playing stupid drinking games.
I also get told to go make new friends, but my town is so boring and people my age(19) are either chav's who go clubbing and wasting money on drinks every night, or they all go to different uni's which i can travel to see unless i have holidays but its still boring in this town..

I just miss having those people who care about you, and want to see or spend time with you.

Hey, I know how you feel. My friends circle has changed throughout my life - had different set of friends at primary and secondary schools, then totally different ones at sixth form and again different ones at uni. The effect of that is I've got 2 close friends and others who I see occassionally on nights out or birthdays or christmas/new year etc. With the 2 close friends I have, we mostly communicate through text/fb during the week when we're busy. Sometimes it can be a week or two without any contact at which point I sort of feel like you and wish they'd just get in touch. But I know its because they're busy and not because they don't want to.

Like you I really enjoy company of my friends and, though I like my space, I prefer it when they're around. Start feeling low if I haven't seen them for a while. Don't worry though I think that's natural.

The best way is to get involved in activities that you enjoy; if clubbing is not your scene, then find something that you might be interested in. You're more likely to meet like minded people that way who you share similar interests with.

If you're town is really as boring as you describe, then perhaps a night out could help you meet a few people and make a few new friends? I'm not the biggest drinker but still enjoy nights out because I can meet all sorts of new and interesting people. Same at birthday parties, christmas/new year parties. Basically where there are people in abundance, I'm there lol

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get to meet a few people who you really connect with and have fun with soon. You might just need to be patient. I think we all go through a time when we feel lonely but the good thing is that somewhere down the line, there should be a time when we feel wanted and loved by those around us!

Hope you feel better soon! :hugs:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
I can relate to this
Reply 6
Thanks guys, i'm glad i'm not the only one then :') does make me feel a little bit better that people relate, but i do hope everything starts getting better :frown: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending