The Student Room Group

I cheated on my girlfriend with my male friend

Scroll to see replies

You may as well tell her. Imagine if you friend that you cheated on her with told her the situation will be even worst.

Just out of interest are you bisexual as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
just tell her it was abit of sleep over fun, just like girls casually kiss other girls drunk & are you sure about your sexuality?
Reply 22
Dont tell her... think of how much of a kick in the teeth it would be knowing that your bf didnt just cheat on you but cheated on you with another guy...
Original post by cl_steele
Dont tell her... think of how much of a kick in the teeth it would be knowing that your bf didnt just cheat on you but cheated on you with another guy...

Better to be honest I think. Does the OP really want this secret hanging over them for evermore?
Reply 24
Original post by thunder_chunky
Better to be honest I think. Does the OP really want this secret hanging over them for evermore?

True but imagine then being left with the thought that 'damn i turned my BF gay', not something id be overly happy with if i was her but id be intrigued to see how this little nugget plays out regardless.
Reply 25
Confessing is just a selfish way of getting rid of your guilt. It's not her fault you cheated, so why make her feel like ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Anon because of the whole situation.

This is not a troll.

I've been with my girlfriend for over a year, and I love her to bits. We're currently in an LDR and I'l be seeing her again in a months time.

Some background would help. I'm generally pretty dubious about long distance relationships. They're not really relationships most of the time.

But last night, me and my friend went out for a few drinks and then went off clubbing. He recently confessed to me that he is bisexual, which I'm fine with. However, last night I felt curious, maybe because of the alcohol I don't know, and we went home, one thing led to another and we had oral sex.

The fact that you did it would suggest that you may be a little bit bisexual. Just sayin.

And what a mistake I've made. I feel awful. I'm so ashamed, guilty and I wish that it had never have happened. Me and my friend have agreed it was a one time mistake and will never ever happen again. He also feels awful as he is friends with my girlfriend as well.

Did you enjoy it?

I know that I will never do anything like this again. I love my girlfriend so much, but I just feel so guilty. It was a genuine, one time mistake. I know I've done wrong.

In theory, you did do wrong to cheat on her. But seriously, long distance relationship?
Me and my girlfriend have a rule where we're allowed to do stuff like that. It's only a cheeky blowjob, and on an LDR too, I wouldn't mention it and make sure you don't do it again.

Chances are she'd find it hot anyway :smile:
Reply 28
Just tell her, as one poster said you maybe bi. So don't waste her time. May have been nothing, but you kind of gave up that choice to make that choice when you did what you did. I know you say you will never do it again. But I bet if you were asked before this happened would you ever do something sexual with a guy you would have said no, right?

Personally I think it's the right thing to do; prepare for it to be over if you tell her and she may also tell others too. But at the end of the day it is up to you. We can only offer advice on what to do.
Original post by March
Heheheh

I'm a straight guy. However I reckon most ppl would be lying not to admit that there are on rare occasions fine secimen of same sex. Add a few drinks its ... Well you could see what one thing leads to another.

Still you are in relationship. She deserves better.
Reply 30
Despite what most of you have said, I'm going to keep it to myself. My friend doesn't want anyone else to know either, so none of us are going to say anything to anyone.

For those of you who asked if i liked it - at the time yes, immediately afterwards, no. I'm definitely not bi and the thought of doing that kind of stuff ever again repulses me.

Thanks for everyone's input.
Reply 31
Original post by AlexandrTheGreat
Some background would help. I'm generally pretty dubious about long distance relationships. They're not really relationships most of the time.

In theory, you did do wrong to cheat on her. But seriously, long distance relationship?

And yes, it's a proper relationship. Met in the summer in my last year of sixth form, then went to different universities. Try and see each other when we can, but with exams looming things are really busy atm.
Reply 32
Despite what most of you have said, I'm going to keep it to myself. My friend doesn't want anyone else to know either, so none of us are going to say anything to anyone.

For those of you who asked if i liked it - at the time yes, immediately afterwards, no. I'm definitely not bi and the thought of doing that kind of stuff ever again repulses me.

Just to restate:

If you didn't use protection, please go and get checked. Go to the sexual health clinic in your area, many are walk-in, they are all free and non-judgmental.

If your friend didn't use protection with you chances are he has had other unprotected partners. Risk with oral sex is relatively low but still there.

A) Be mindful of your own health, B) think how complicated things will get if you transmit an infection to your girlfriend.

I hope your girlfriend finds out. People like you are scum and deserve to be caught. You're being a coward and keeping it to yourself and probably going to end up doing it again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Anon because of the whole situation.

This is not a troll.

I've been with my girlfriend for over a year, and I love her to bits. We're currently in an LDR and I'l be seeing her again in a months time.

But last night, me and my friend went out for a few drinks and then went off clubbing. He recently confessed to me that he is bisexual, which I'm fine with. However, last night I felt curious, maybe because of the alcohol I don't know, and we went home, one thing led to another and we had oral sex.

And what a mistake I've made. I feel awful. I'm so ashamed, guilty and I wish that it had never have happened. Me and my friend have agreed it was a one time mistake and will never ever happen again. He also feels awful as he is friends with my girlfriend as well.

I know that I will never do anything like this again. I love my girlfriend so much, but I just feel so guilty. It was a genuine, one time mistake. I know I've done wrong.

But now I just dont know what to do. I'm not sure if i should tell her or keep it to myself. On the one hand if i did tell her it would reduce the guilt, but we would certainly break up - at the end of the day, I cheated on her and it was a terrible thing to do. On the other, I could keep it to myself and hope the guilt will subside as time goes by. I just don't know what to do. I've been crying this whole morning, thinking to myself how stupid I've been.

Please, somebody help me out. I'm a mess.

Why does the gender of the person you cheat with matter?
Seeing the title:

Dis gon' be gud (grabs popcorn)

Seriously though, don't tell her. You have a lot to lose if she breaks up with you and tells people in a fit of spite. It was a mistake, it's not going to happen again, you were drunk and experimenting, and it sounds unlikely that you're actually bi, though that's a whole different issue. Cheating is wrong, and this is cheating, but it's a much more morally forgivable kind of cheating than the premeditated and ongoing kind. Feel guilty for a while and then move on. But don't tell her. Apart from anything else, some girls would get seriously insecure and freaked out at the thought of you cheating on her with a guy, thinking she wasn't enough for you because she's a girl.
Reply 36
I never in my life thought I would see something that is beyond Jeremy Kyle's help, that is some ****ed up ****. Not even Graham could sort this out.
And yes, it's a proper relationship. Met in the summer in my last year of sixth form, then went to different universities. Try and see each other when we can, but with exams looming things are really busy atm.

I don't mean to be cruel, but it sounds like the kind of relationship people maintain simply to be able to say (to others and to themselves) that they are in a relationship, to ensure they don't have to push themselves outside their comfort zone (much the same with grown adults who say they're in a long-distance relationship)

Careful you don't overdo the repulsion in a bid to convince yourself that you really don't like all that stuff. You'll give yourself a neurosis; the sex equivalent of indigestion.

So, brass tacks (this might or might not be true, but I suspect this is a good guess); I reckon there's at least a 1/3 possibility that you're bisexual/gay and that the reason you stay in a relationship of this nature is that it means other people don't question you about such things, and you can easily convince yourself of your heterosexuality ("I can't be gay/bi! I have a girlfriend! I am, after all, repulsed by such things!").

I know two guys who stayed in similar types of relationships, only to realise afterwards that they'd wasted some of what should have been some of the best years of their lives, and a good opportunity to experiment with guys/girls, work out what they liked and so on (not to mention that the hotness of one's sexual partners tends to be at its peak whilst at university)

I would say there's a second 1/3 possibility that you're not gay or bi, but are kind of carrying a torch for this particular guy. A kind of confusing, libidinous, bromantic sensibility that's not at all uncommon to heterosexual guys. In which case, the disbenefits of the first scenario still hold (you're wasting your uni years in something that barely qualifies as a relationship in the real world)

And there's a final 1/3 possibility; you have absolutely, positively no interest in guys whatsoever, in any circumstances, and it was only your intoxication that caused you to let your mate take your cock in his mouth.

In which case the disbenefits of being in a relationship from the first possibility still stand.

There is my honest opinion. Make the best of this frank analysis.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by AlexandrTheGreat
I don't mean to be cruel, but it sounds like the kind of relationship people maintain simply to be able to say (to others and to themselves) that they are in a relationship, to ensure they don't have to push themselves outside their comfort zone (much the same with grown adults who say they're in a long-distance relationship)

Careful you don't overdo the repulsion in a bid to convince yourself that you really don't like all that stuff. You'll give yourself a neurosis; the sex equivalent of indigestion.

So, brass tacks (this might or might not be true, but I suspect this is a good guess); I reckon there's at least a 1/3 possibility that you're bisexual/gay and that the reason you stay in a relationship of this nature is that it means other people don't question you about such things, and you can easily convince yourself of your heterosexuality ("I can't be gay/bi! I have a girlfriend! I am, after all, repulsed by such things!").

I know two guys who stayed in similar types of relationships, only to realise afterwards that they'd wasted some of what should have been some of the best years of their lives, and a good opportunity to experiment with guys/girls, work out what they liked and so on (not to mention that the hotness of one's sexual partners tends to be at its peak whilst at university)

I would say there's a second 1/3 possibility that you're not gay or bi, but are kind of carrying a torch for this particular guy. A kind of confusing, libidinous, bromantic sensibility that's not at all uncommon to heterosexual guys. In which case, the disbenefits of the first scenario still hold (you're wasting your uni years in something that barely qualifies as a relationship in the real world)

And there's a final 1/3 possibility; you have absolutely, positively no interest in guys whatsoever, in any circumstances, and it was only your intoxication that caused you to let your mate take your cock in his mouth.

In which case the disbenefits of being in a relationship from the first possibility still stand.

There is my honest opinion. Make the best of this frank analysis.

Just out of interest, why are you so against LDR's?

And cheers for the "analysis", but it's much more simple than that tbh. Yes it was a mistake, I don't want to do anything like that ever again.

Just so I can please your efforts, I'd fall into your final possibility.
Reply 39
Original post by Janineee
Omg aww :frown:( honestly, dont tell her. Shell be turned off and break up with you. Never tell her ever . Trust me .

And if one day she finds everything out, good fight bro

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending