The Student Room Group

EU national - Settled status?

I'm little confused because I lived in the UK more than 10 years, and I still don't have UK passport as I haven't applied for it. I'm a student living in parent's home in the UK.

Am I 'settled' into UK? Is it something you have to apply for it? What does EEA mean? Does it apply to me?

Also, it asks for previous addresses even though I lived in this UK address for 5 years and it also asks for end date, there's no end date.

I have tried posting similar thread long time ago, it didn't help, so I am now looking for solutions to this one.
Reply 1
hi
i have the same problem for the previous address
what did u do?
Merely living here doesn't entitle you to a UK passport, no matter how long you've been here. Your nationality is defined more by your parents than your postcode!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
You're not settled, but that shouldn't matter.
EEA mean European Economic Area (Until I looked it up I thought it was something weird that didn't apply to me too), but basically it's just all the countries in the... well EEA, i.e England, Spain, Italy, Germany,Poland, France etc etc. I can't quite remember but I think it asks if you're parents are a member or have worked in the EEA or something. Basically the answer is yes. (That then eliminates them asking you all those other awkward questions you can't answer!)
I called student finance about the same problem and for previous addresses she just told me to put my current address with the end date being today's (the date you're filling it in) date. Although I did put the date I would move out in September, just in case.
For reason just put 'parental home'.
Hope that helps! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by w1270
but basically it's just all the countries in the... well EEA, i.e England, Spain, Italy, Germany,Poland, France etc etc.

why did you want to say with that? :confused:

"all the countries in the..."
Reply 5
Original post by Aitor_Ocio
why did you want to say with that? :confused:

"all the countries in the..."

Oh I'm sorry I should have been clearer. The ellipse was meant to serve as a pause because I was just about to repeat what I had said before. Whatever, just ignore me, in hindsight it wasn't really necessary.

I think it explains it if you click on the 'extra information' button under the question on student finance, but here's a bit from Wikipedia anyway:

"The European Economic Area (EEA) comprises the countries of the European Union (EU), plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway."

I hope that clears everything up! If you're still confused I would recommend calling student finance they're really really helpful and you'll know you're doing everything exactly as it should be done.
Reply 6
Original post by w1270
Oh I'm sorry I should have been clearer. The ellipse was meant to serve as a pause because I was just about to repeat what I had said before. Whatever, just ignore me, in hindsight it wasn't really necessary.

I think it explains it if you click on the 'extra information' button under the question on student finance, but here's a bit from Wikipedia anyway:

"The European Economic Area (EEA) comprises the countries of the European Union (EU), plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway."

I hope that clears everything up! If you're still confused I would recommend calling student finance they're really really helpful and you'll know you're doing everything exactly as it should be done.

ok! I thought you were going to insult the European Union, which in fact wouldn't have bothered me if you had done it :smile:

greetings

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending