The Student Room Group

Student Finance England

Hello! I have moved from Pakistan to Uk under EU settlement scheme visa an year ago. Universities didn’t accept my qualifications from back home so I did A levels in Chemistry Biology and physics along with Gcse in Mathematics privately. I did all of this in 3 months. Although I passé the exams but I didn’t get the desired grades. I contacted the universities and they told me I am not eligible for home fee status as I have to live here in Uk for 3 years. I do have a pre settled status. I’m thinking of doing HE in computing along with gcse in English to get into a university after completing my 3 years residency in Uk. Meanwhile, in these 2 years I’m going to do full time job to pay taxes. Will I be eligible for home fee status after 3 years? My parents and my siblings all are paying tax here.
Original post by IzzaSaleem
Hello! I have moved from Pakistan to Uk under EU settlement scheme visa an year ago. Universities didn’t accept my qualifications from back home so I did A levels in Chemistry Biology and physics along with Gcse in Mathematics privately. I did all of this in 3 months. Although I passé the exams but I didn’t get the desired grades. I contacted the universities and they told me I am not eligible for home fee status as I have to live here in Uk for 3 years. I do have a pre settled status. I’m thinking of doing HE in computing along with gcse in English to get into a university after completing my 3 years residency in Uk. Meanwhile, in these 2 years I’m going to do full time job to pay taxes. Will I be eligible for home fee status after 3 years? My parents and my siblings all are paying tax here.

Hi IzzaSaleem.

If you are an EU national with pre settled status, you are only eligible for the Tuition Fee Loan. Can you confirm if you will be working in the UK throughout your studies or if your parents will be?

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending