The Student Room Group

Someone clear this up for me?

Err, yeah so I achieved ABC in my A2 level, with the B in Geography (was only a few marks off an A), with my course of Geography BA at Southamption requiring an ABB. Yet, I still got accepted...

I'm not sure if it is a mistake, but UCAS states that it confirms my place and any agreed changes...I'm deffering the enrtry to next year, but does this mean they can withdraw their offer..slightly concerned.

I would have got ABB if it wasn't for the E grade in my disasterous English exam, with the A* in my in my coursework hauling it up to a C grade..

So, am I ok? Being confirmed without quite getting the grades seems a little unnerving.
Original post by JJJC
Err, yeah so I achieved ABC in my A2 level, with the B in Geography (was only a few marks off an A), with my course of Geography BA at Southamption requiring an ABB. Yet, I still got accepted...

I'm not sure if it is a mistake, but UCAS states that it confirms my place and any agreed changes...I'm deffering the enrtry to next year, but does this mean they can withdraw their offer..slightly concerned.

I would have got ABB if it wasn't for the E grade in my disasterous English exam, with the A* in my in my coursework hauling it up to a C grade..

So, am I ok? Being confirmed without quite getting the grades seems a little unnerving.

You don't have to make the offer for a uni to accept you - it's at their discretion. It's happening to quite a lot of people this year :smile: Congratulations on your Southampton place!
Original post by JJJC

You can ask for it to be deferred by ringing the university, it is down to them whether the will allow you to do so or not, if not then you would have to ask to be released in order to reapply in the next cycle (your offer would then disappear) :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by JJJC

It's not that unusual. Universities often do accept people even if they have missed their offer. If you look around you'll see other people have been accepted despite missing their grades.

You're in so congratulations :smile:
Reply 4
Ahh good, I guess that's all that matters then..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending