The Student Room Group

Possible science courses with BCC

I had applied to do Chemistry at Birmingham, but missed my offer when I got BCC in Biology, Chemistry and Maths. I've been looking around clearing but all good pure Chemistry or Biology courses require ABB minimum.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any science courses related to Chem or Bio that I could get into with BCC. I'm not sure what sort of thing to be looking for now.
Have you considered applying for a degree which does a year in foundation science? Pretty sure you don't need particularly good grades for that.
I think it's not necessarily the course but more the university... So perhaps look at those unis which have lower entry tarrifs?
Original post by Notleks
I had applied to do Chemistry at Birmingham, but missed my offer when I got BCC in Biology, Chemistry and Maths. I've been looking around clearing but all good pure Chemistry or Biology courses require ABB minimum.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any science courses related to Chem or Bio that I could get into with BCC. I'm not sure what sort of thing to be looking for now.

Hi there Notleks,
Firstly sorry to hear you did not get your place at Birmingham - but don't be disheartened - BCC are still great grades and you should be proud of yourself. Here at Kingston we have loads of Science based courses - from straight Chemistry and Biology to courses related to these areas.
I have included links to our website so you can find out all about the different courses on offer - if you see something you like then give our hotline a call on 0844 842 9599.

http://www.kingston.ac.uk/courses/find-a-course/undergraduate-2013/subject-areas/339-chemistry-and-pharmaceutical-sciences/

http://www.kingston.ac.uk/courses/find-a-course/undergraduate-2013/subject-areas/365-life-sciences/

If you do not know much about Kingston then you might like to have a look at our ASK US website - where current students have blogs and videos talking about their experiences. A number of them study Chemistry/ Pharmaceutical / Biological Science based courses!

I hope that helps and if you have any other questions, please get in touch!
Kind regards
Kerrie
Reply 4
UCLan (Preston) do a forensic science course that through clearing you need 240 points :smile:
Reply 5
provided you have a subject you gave up at As and you got a D or above in it, you can try lincoln for biomedical science :smile:
As mementomori suggested don't rule out Foundation Courses. I got the same grades as you did and while I was dissapointed to have to do a foundation year it did allow me to get onto a course I wanted to do (Chemistry) at a uni I wanted to be at (UEA).
Original post by Notleks

Hi,

They are still great grades! (Much better than my a levels!)

We have a lot of science courses on offer at Derby, feel free to give us a call on 01332 592013 or check out our website at www.derby.ac.uk/clearing for more information.

Our forensic science programme is a healthy mix of pure biology, chemistry and forensics, with optional modules to tailor it how you like.

Good luck!

Stacey
Reply 8
Thank you to everyone who answered, you were all a great help and so far I have 3 offers from Lincoln, Derby and Aberdeen! Thank you all!
Reply 9
Original post by mojojojo101
As mementomori suggested don't rule out Foundation Courses. I got the same grades as you did and while I was dissapointed to have to do a foundation year it did allow me to get onto a course I wanted to do (Chemistry) at a uni I wanted to be at (UEA).

sorry neg repped you instead of pos repped you
Reply 10
Original post by Notleks
Thank you to everyone who answered, you were all a great help and so far I have 3 offers from Lincoln, Derby and Aberdeen! Thank you all!

That's great! As a fellow chemist, I wish you the best of luck. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending