The Student Room Group

Am I fat? Conscious about my tummy :(

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by DomNye
Stomach exercises tone the stomach muscles. To get rid of a belly do plenty of cardio. Diet's also a contributing factor, unless you've got a fast metabolism your exercise can be pretty much futile if you're eating a lot of ****e.

Stay off the beer as well, beer's a bastard to the stomach.

I don't drink any alcohol. Gave up a year ago to try and be healthier. I have a high carb based diet. I eat lots of potato based foods inc. crisps, chips, cereals etc. Not eating meat, not sure what else I can eat that is filling. There is only so much leguminous vegetables I can take before I crave something filling!
I think you look fine, not fat at all! Honestly you have no reason to feel conscious :redface:
Original post by Anonymous
I don't drink any alcohol. Gave up a year ago to try and be healthier. I have a high carb based diet. I eat lots of potato based foods inc. crisps, chips, cereals etc. Not eating meat, not sure what else I can eat that is filling. There is only so much leguminous vegetables I can take before I crave something filling!

Maybe switch your diet up and reduce your carb intake? Your diet will make a difference and help to remove the "fat" around your lower abdomen as well as exercise. No amount of stomach toning exercises will get rid of the fat, they will only tone the muscles underneath the layer of fat.

Personally I think you look good, but if you're not happy then you could make a few changes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can't spot reduce fat. Simply reduce carbs and calories and do more cardio, more often. You'll start seeing results in a few weeks if you keep at it.
Reply 24
Okay, if you are fat then what am I? :hmmm: Obese? :lolwut: You look fine!
Looks okay to me? Definitely not fat
Reply 26
Original post by ForgetMe
Okay, if you are fat then what am I? :hmmm: Obese? :lolwut: You look fine!

I concur with this... :rolleyes: Would be helpful if there was some way to specifically work on that area though :/
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 27
Your body seems perfectly fine to me. Not really my type, but nothing wrong with it. I certainly wouldn't say you're fat. A little chubby at best.
looks fine to me
Reply 29
OP, I'd say you are quite sexy.
If I was a man, I would hope to have a body like yours! =]

But you know "puts hand on chest" boobs are pretty awesome.
Reply 31
Mate your sexy...

No homo
Hi guys,

Am I fat? I feel conscious about my lower stomach. Here are links.

http://i.imgur.com/9kTi0qz.jpg?1

http://imgur.com/FOqB2JD

How do I work on my lower stomach - it kind of disgusts me. Think i'll be single forever with such a horrible body! :frown:. I'm so self conscious I never go around topless and always wear t-shirts or vests :frown: HELP!

Firstly this should be in the fitness section, or even better, an actual fitness forum (myfitnesspal, bb.com etc)

You won't be single forever because of that, unless your stomach pops makes you look fat via your top, you should generally be fine.

No such thing as toning, you either build muscle or lose fat. In your case, you were just building extra muscle - to see those muscles, you need to lose fat, which is done by eating less than your TDEE.

Who uses the word 'tummy' as a guy anyway? :redface:
Hi guys,

How do I work on my lower stomach - it kind of disgusts me. Think i'll be single forever with such a horrible body! :frown:. I'm so self conscious I never go around topless and always wear t-shirts or vests :frown: HELP!

Sexy pepperoni nipples
Reply 34
I eat way too much carbs, I agree! What kind of cardio do you recommend. I hate running. Is there a funner alternative?

cardio is the most boring thing ever , running is the best one . I prefer treadmill rather hard terrain . bike is good as well .
but first you need to modify your diet and cut on your carbs .
Play football more often if you play at all.
I personally play basketball as my cardio .

trust me I'm a fitness instructor .
Reply 35
YoYour high carb intake is your problem. You should cut the crisps/chips and virtually all the junk almist completely. Eat lots of chicken, lean meats, vegetables, fish and snack on fruits and nuts. Instead of going for a packet of crisps when you‘re a bit hungry go for a handful of nuts. I take it to a bit of an extreme and I end up eating about 150 grams of peanut butter a day, it‘s natural but still, that‘s nearly 1000 calories!

Oh yeah, and sugar is the worst thing you could snack on, cut that out! I know I look at an apple as a really tasty treat now whereas as a young teen I‘d have seen it as a chore to try and eat one.
Reply 36
You look fine! :smile:
Hi guys,

There's not much wrong with it, but simply do lots of cardio and try to keep Carbs (especially complex ones) as low as possible.

There is your problem.......
Try brown rice, pasta, vegetables and cut down on the total amount.
Reply 39
Original post by Blackshadow
I thought you would be a girl :K:

Yea so did I. I was so confused when I opened the picture.:confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending