The Student Room Group

Did I scare him by telling him I was in love with him?

We've been together a month he's already said I love you to me a few times after about 2-3weeks and I never said it back just said I'm falling for him or really like him.
Now I really have fallen for him. He hasn't said it in a while.
"I know this sounds crazy scares me a little by saying it but I'm in love with you I know you've said it already just hope I don't scare you by saying this now like maybe you've changed your mind just wanted to tell you and I really mean it"

I sent that to him on whatsapp then his last seen came up about a minute after and he didn't reply and hasn't been online again so nervous even more now.
We've been speaking about for ages how we have such a great connection.
When he told me he was in love with me he said "You can shout at me for being crazy but I'm really falling for you baby. Like really hard babe!!!xx"
then said "I really think I'm falling in love with you (my name)" and has said it a few times and another time when he was drunk about 2 weeks ago.

Have I scared him by saying that to him? I sent it 20mins ago he was online about a minute after and hasn't been online again. So worried now.

Scroll to see replies

You should say those things in person, and with confidence. Don't apologise when you make an admission like that to someone - but anyway, if he's said it you've probably got nothing to worry about.

Personally I think 1 month is a bit early to tell someone you love them, unless you've known them for ages before.

Either way,sure all will be well, he'll get back in touch, he might just be smiling like a fool wherever he is. :smile:
Too much too soon I'm afraid.
Reply 3
He told me after 2 weeks he was in love with me

he said "You can shout at me for being crazy but I'm really falling for you baby. Like really hard babe!!!xx"
then said "I really think I'm falling in love with you (my name)" and has said it a few times and another time when he was drunk about 2 weeks ago.
He's said it like 3/4 times and always tells me how he really really likes me.
Honestly WhatsApp shouldn't be used to say those things for the first time.
But I agree 2 weeks from him is way too soon. How old are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I'm 20 he's 24. We do have a very strong connection. He said it soon and often tells me how much he really really likes me. He said the I love you's over whatsapp. He's been online twice now. He has a outdoor concert thing on. I can't go anymore though we werent going together or anything. Should I wait and see if he gets back to me later? He often takes time to reply though. I'm just getting paranoid he hasn't said anything back.
Reply 6
No although we did meet online we've met up loads of time and we are like together officially. Like he already asked me to be his girlfriend after the first date I didn't accept until the third date.
Reply 7
I think you said a bit too much on your text...,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I'm so worried I came across too strong now. But he's already said I love you. Should I take it back and text him saying maybe I should have sent this message too soon?
Reply 9
He has the I love you already many times. We did speak last night around 5am I sent him a message at like around 11 saying "a month since we've been speaking today? how are you been up to much"
and he said at like 5am hours later even though he'd been online a few times.
"Wow really?Only a month???sorry my phone is really f*cked up"
then we just asked why each other was up early and he said how we wasn't feeling the best during the day. And I d just said how I wasn't going to this outdoor concert thing tomorrow anymore (we weren't going together) we just both happened to have tickets. He just asked why and I told him. And then I asked how he was feeling now? and he fell asleep then I think then like around 11 came online like twice. Around 12 I sent that message about being in love with him.
Reply 10
A month and you make it sound like your only communication is via the internet..

The hell is wrong with you?
Reply 11
Original post by Mockery
A month and you make it sound like your only communication is via the internet..

The hell is wrong with you?

No we've met loads of time. I mean we speak on whatsapp we meet up all the time. So we have seen each in person loads of times. We speak everyday.
Reply 12
He's actually said "I love you" to me more times then I could remember.

He's said it so often actually way more than I thought he said this different times

“"You can shout at me for being crazy but I'm really falling for you baby. Like really hard babe!!!xx ......I really think I'm falling in love with you (my name)..“

*kiss* :smile: I love you (my name) x

“I love you :smile: now I'm quite drunk ha x

"I know. I didn't think I'd meet anyone as nice as you baby :smile: your just so perfect :smile: I love you :smile:"

I love you :smile: sweet dreams darling xx

And another “I love you” when he was drunk
Reply 13
I'll see what he says later hope he replies I don't think he will just hope I haven't made a fool of myself he hasn't said it in about 2 weeks but then I haven't said it back so maybe he didn't want to say it for a while. He is really cuddly and I feel like he does feel the same .
He said this to me as well "ah I think your already there but you don't think you are because we only know each other 2 weeks ha :smile:"
after a few times he said it and i said I wasn't there yet.
Reply 14
I think it should be okay he's probably busy. Like he has said stuff like "You know you mean the world to me" and he said this after I said he makes me smile. He said "I'm so happy I make you smile :smile: I hope I always do :smile: "

The waiting game just feels so long.
Reply 15
No we haven't yet and he'd said he'd wait til I'm ready even when I invited him over he didn't try it on just kissed and that and said "You know I'd never make you do anything you didn't want to" . He's waiting I'm not sleeping with him soon. I know he probably does want it like all guys but only when I'm ready.I've been to his too he didn't try it on then either.
It's just he hadn't been online the dating site in like 2-3 weeks although I did log on only to see his pics. Like today and yesterday I've seen he's been online again. I have my profile on private now. So I guess thats whats worrying me too now , he's seen that I've been on and maybe thinks I've been speaking to other guys or he's changed his mind I don't know.
Yes no one whats to hear that ****
Reply 17
He checks it a lot and on whatsapp you can see when the person has been online he takes time to reply sometimes. Like the message about it's been month since we first started talking. He took ages to reply I was worried he wan't going to reply as I sent 2 earlier messages asking of he was coming over as he said he might but turned out he was sick and then sent one when my mum was out . He's at this concert now the outdoor one won't be finished til late I think he's driving there too . We haven't spoke as frequently this week but he has messaged me first most times.We didn't speak much yesterday the day before we did. And he always says goodnight before I sleep and that. The day before he said " Hope you have the sweetest dreams. Text me if you do wake up"

He still seems interested it's just the whole him taking time to reply . Maybe later he'll reply hopefully. Should I text him tomorrow if he hasnt?
Reply 18
I sent it at 12.36 he came online at 12.37 . Then he came on again at 13.56 and hasn't been on since. I probably won't hear from him for ages now maybe he didn't bring his phone out with him since it's an outdoor concert for Eminem or left it in the car or something. I just wish he'd say something even if it's him saying he's changed his mind. But we are boyfriend and girlfriend so until he's said it's over I guess we're together until he says otherwise.

He works nights and sometimes I wake up during the night so I text him.
When he's busy he always takes a while to reply. It's just the whole seeing him on the dating site going online again after weeks of not going on is the most weird. I don't know or maybe he was just looking at our messages from when we first got talking or something I don't know. I don't think he will left me hanging it's just I've sent like 3 messages now the one replying to him asking why I wasn't going today and I said because my mates weren't going anymore and that. And then sent one more to ask how he was feeling now then later the I love you message.
Reply 19
And I said something a few days ago about seeing something and it reminded me of him thought he'd find it weird he just said "you always be thinking of me don't you?:smile: x "

I don't know maybe he already knows I'm in love with him without saying it just through my actions. He's really good at reading me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending