The Student Room Group

Why do people indulge attention seekers

Why do people willingly degrade themselves to cooperate with attention seeker with no particular attributes worth mentioning just to further enable their behavior?
Reply 1
Because if you don't they make start a hate campaign against you.
Reply 2
For a laugh, so they don't end up like you.
Reply 3
Original post by Ham22
Because if you don't they make start a hate campaign against you.

What about those who do it willingly?
Reply 4
I'm probably one of those people who 'indulge' attention seekers. I let one of my flatmates get away with it because it's much easier than starting drama or having her turn against me and then try and turn my flatmates against me, which I know she'd attempt. I have to live with her for the rest of the year.

I expect it's quite common. People like me indulge attention seekers because they want an easy life and it's easier to let people get away with awful behaviour than have them dislike you and turn this behaviour on you.
Reply 5
Original post by Dominic101
What about those who do it willingly?

To be seen. For status.
Reply 6
indulge attention seekers so they will go away for a while :smug:
Reply 7
Original post by eXemp
indulge attention seekers so they will go away for a while :smug:

Yeah but there are many who will indulge an attention seeker out of their own free will i.e go up an approach them.
Because they are afraid of ppl disliking them. Maybe they think a guy they like wants to be friends with attention seekers ? Maybe they don't really know the aforementioned guy here well enough to be able to judge for themselves if he would be just that c*** of a person to do something like that ?
(edited 10 years ago)
Because they are not in their right minds. No, I'm not hating but it is true.
(edited 10 years ago)
I think the problem is that people indulge attention seekers in the wrong way. If someone is seeking attention, its not without reason. There's usually some underlying issue going on there to make them feel the need to have attention seeking behaviour. No one seeks attention without reason.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending