The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Early results?

Hi,

Please go easy on me its my first post lol.. Was just wondering has anyone that has studied with the open university ever received their results early? I completed my first exam in June and was due to get results in August however I received them 2 weeks earlier than it stated on my results page.

I sat an exam in October and the results are due before 29th November as stated on my results page. Was wondering has anyone else got them early or was my early results in my first exam just pure luck?
Reply 1
Original post by Robert86
Hi,

Please go easy on me its my first post lol.. Was just wondering has anyone that has studied with the open university ever received their results early? I completed my first exam in June and was due to get results in August however I received them 2 weeks earlier than it stated on my results page.

I sat an exam in October and the results are due before 29th November as stated on my results page. Was wondering has anyone else got them early or was my early results in my first exam just pure luck?

It really depends buddy, I've had some exam results early and some on time. There is no way to tell unfortunately

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by kjglen24
It really depends buddy, I've had some exam results early and some on time. There is no way to tell unfortunately

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the reply. Think I am super keen this time because this is hopefully ( if I pass) my last module for my BA.
Reply 3
So far I'e always had my winter results back exactly a week before the stated date. I can't remember other results coming early though. Mine says 29th November too, I'm impatiently waiting for the results of the last 2 modules of my degree...eep!
Reply 4
Original post by Kate.
So far I'e always had my winter results back exactly a week before the stated date. I can't remember other results coming early though. Mine says 29th November too, I'm impatiently waiting for the results of the last 2 modules of my degree...eep!

I share your pain Kate. Hopefully we get them early again. I think im panicing as I have been given a conditional offer of employment based on these results so fingers crossed and good luck with your results.
Reply 5
I have to wait till 29th Nov for my SK277 result, got S142 on the day it said but other results early
Reply 6
Original post by dg2009
I have to wait till 29th Nov for my SK277 result, got S142 on the day it said but other results early

Just hoping this time is the same. Do all results regardless of course come in at the same time i wonder
Just hoping this time is the same. Do all results regardless of course come in at the same time i wonder

No, the results for the different modules aren't all released at the same time.
Reply 8
Original post by psyc_postgrad
No, the results for the different modules aren't all released at the same time.

Thanks for the reply. Its just a matter of playing the waiting game then. Do any insiders from the OU visit this forums and could possibly let us know when the exam board meets
Thanks for the reply. Its just a matter of playing the waiting game then. Do any insiders from the OU visit this forums and could possibly let us know when the exam board meets

They meet at different times. I know that for MSc Maths they met on 5th November, but it takes 2-3 weeks before results from them. I have the same expected exam results date as everyone else.
Reply 10
Last year I got my results 10 days early.....so will be furiously checking for the next 10 days!!
Reply 11
Results have just got in!!!!

Spoiler

Reply 12
Any results yet?
Reply 13
Original post by opyra
Any results yet?

Unfortunately still playing the waiting game :-(
Reply 14
So I got my result 4 days early this time :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by dg2009
So I got my result 4 days early this time :smile:

I got mine today. So was really only 3 day early for me lol.. Now I have to wait another week for my qualification lol

Quick Reply

Latest