The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

OP is Domino's Pizza shill?
Reply 61
Dominos is overpriced as hell, and it still tastes cheap. At £17.99 for a large pepperoni pizza you'd hope it's at least antelope pepperoni. :biggrin:

For Tesco's pizza it's 10 mins to heat up the oven, 10 mins to cook and maybe 2 mins to slice the pizza. I think people are too lazy though. Sure the quality isn't quite the same, however the value for money is much better, and after a few drinks people would barely notice the difference.

If regular oven pizza isn't good enough, invest in a mini pizza oven (as opposed to a standard oven) and you can do Dominos quality at home. It'll pay for itself soon enough.

A nice way to beef up a Tesco pizza, as well as adding extra toppings (cheese, meat, Italian herbs, chilli powder, etc.), is to rub olive oil in the base and drizzle some on top before cooking. Try using a higher cooking temperature than recommended too and reduce the time accordingly. The results are much crispier. Just take care not to burn it and/or set off smoke alarms. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 62
Dr Oetkers pizzas taste nice. They are usually about £2 at Tesco, sometimes £1 on special offer.
If you pay full price for Domino's, you're doing it wrong. If you are prepared to go into the shop and collect it yourself there is always some kind of offer going. For example you could buy 2 large pizzas with the buy one get one free offer, share it between four people and that brings the cost down to £4 each.
Reply 64
Freshly made, delivered to my door, better quality dough than supermarket pizzas, toppings can be better but not always.

Never pay full price though - you can almost always get it half price, at which point it's still about 50% more than the price of local takeaways, but definitely better quality.
Reply 65
Original post by ahha
My flatmates always ask to have a Pizza night, and it costs like £20 or so to order from Dominos Pizza! I don't feel right asking them why not just get one from Tescos and put it on the oven...its only £2-3 that way!

Just wanted to know why people actually order pizza rather than just buying it!

Is it just the ease of delivery? Or taste? Or something else?

I'm prob awkward in this!

It's a very strong brand and they clearly have good marketing, regardless of how good the food actually is, similar story with "Nando's, fam" - not exactly gourmet dining but a strong enough brand to encourage stupid teenagers to purchase every fortnight.

I personally would rather go to either Pizza Express or get one of those nice deli pizzas from a supermarket, but then man is not so susceptible to branding innit, probably because i'm a marketing student lol.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 66
We made our own pizza at the weekend, sure beat the hell into either Dominos or tescos, and the ingredients cost next to nothing.
Original post by HalGuru
I work at a Domino's, and regularly take home pizzas that weren't collected/made with wrong toppings/etc. It is my dream career.

So that is why Domino's so frequently delivers the incorrect pizza.
"1web50of" online order code gives you 50% any order over £30, should save your friends some money OP

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
No one pays full price for a Domino's, there'll always be a voucher code to get a decent discount.
Reply 70
Original post by Daniel9510
"1web50of" online order code gives you 50% any order over £30, should save your friends some money OP

Posted from TSR Mobile

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I will be forever grateful.
Why eat any kind of pizza? Sure if you're in Italy or maybe even New York, or at least an independent sit-down restaurant of some kind. But without the skill in preparation, lowest bidder plastic cheese and tomato sauce melted onto bread is just an expensive alternative to beans on toast.
Reply 72
Original post by Vitamin D
We used to have it as a treat in my flat when there was a load of us wanting to order so we could use discount vouchers so it didn't end up that expensive in the end? I think their medium is pretty big as well so I could always leave some of it for lunch the next day.

Are you joking me? I eat a whole dominoes large pizza every time.
If you're a real G, you will go to Sainsbury's

politely ask the staff on the "hot counter" to add toppings to their pizza, cook it and put it in a box for you

Walk over to the bit where the free samples are and enjoy free cheese, meat and muffins as they cook your pizza whilst smirking like the Cheshire cat you are

collect your pizza

walk to the park with your boyz

eat the pizza

get back just in time for physics class

:gangster:
Original post by xsindy
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I will be forever grateful.

Haha you're very welcome :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Asda veg pizza is gooooood

Really?? I'm gonna take your word for it and get one now as I'm in town! Don't let me down brudda ! :biggrin:
Original post by Rabbit Lover
Speak for yourself and keep your stupid silly opinions to yourself

Wow 'Rabbit Lover', I was just looking at your latest post about how you haven't eaten in days and how you have no friends to ask for food. Now I see you on this post insulting someone where their opinion is allowed. No wonder you have zero friends. You seem like an attention thirsty troll.Trying to scam people and put people down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by James A
Really?? I'm gonna take your word for it and get one now as I'm in town! Don't let me down brudda ! :biggrin:

Let me know what you think :wink: I haven't had one in a while but I do enjoy them!
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Let me know what you think :wink: I haven't had one in a while but I do enjoy them!

I couldn't find an ASDA in town :nooo:

I will buy one when I'm back in London, hopefully I'll be satisfied.
Original post by James A
I couldn't find an ASDA in town :nooo:

I will buy one when I'm back in London, hopefully I'll be satisfied.

Hahaha, they're the thin crust ones, with nice veg!

Deep fried are good too though :coma:

Latest

Trending

Trending