The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Accomodations questions

Hi! I'm an international student considering Nottingham

I'm sorry if any of these questions has been asked before, but:

Where are most international students going to be?

What are my chances of getting decent accommodations (close to uni and other internationals) if I'm just applying next week?

Am I guaranteed accommodations even if Nottingham isn't my firm choice?

Original post by signed
Hi! I'm an international student considering Nottingham

I'm sorry if any of these questions has been asked before, but:

Where are most international students going to be?

What are my chances of getting decent accommodations (close to uni and other internationals) if I'm just applying next week?

Am I guaranteed accommodations even if Nottingham isn't my firm choice?

1. They're everything :p: My experience suggests international students choose self-catered flats in Raleigh, Broadgate, Nottingham 1, etc more than on-campus catered accommodation. That said, there's a good mix of students in all of the halls :smile:

2. Absolutely fine. There's a surplus of student accommodation in Nottingham, off-campus self-catered in particular. Broadgate is likely to get full but may have a waiting list. Raleigh, St Peter's Court, Nottingham 1, and others will have spaces for sure. They're all close to the university campuses and have diverse student demographics.

3. You're not guaranteed it, but you're highly likely to get it, even if you want on-campus catered accommodation, because some people don't meet their offer, others drop out, etc. More info is at http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommodation/prospectivestudents/undergraduates/accommodationguarantee.aspx.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Yep agree with all of that.

International students tend to be in the self catered halls, but also in Jubilee Campus catered Halls.

You aren't guaranteed accommodation if it is your backup but as said above, you are likely to get it either directly through the University or one of the privately owned student blocks, such as Opal which is next to Raleigh Park and also has a high number of international students, or in private accommodation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending