The Student Room Group

Why is there such a big difference in attractiveness

when it comes to girls from london and girls from outside london like up north?
Cant be the only one who has noticed this.

Scroll to see replies

I haven't noticed a difference, other than up north they have different accents and tend to smoke a lot more...
Its difference in lifestyles and choices that people make.

Fastfood, smoking, exercising, can all affect the looks of people. its been shown that the negatives of that last bit tend to happen more in northern england than the south.
I found the girls more attractive in Leeds than here in London, especially blackheath. So many horsey posh girls here :\
Reply 4
Same reason why some are born with more money than others I guess.
Generalisations, generalisations everywhere.
Original post by themightysals
Its difference in lifestyles and choices that people make.

Fastfood, smoking, exercising, can all affect the looks of people. its been shown that the negatives of that last bit tend to happen more in northern england than the south.

Kinda makes sense when you think about it.
You got any proof that this happens more in the north than the south?
Reply 7
Which region do you find more attractive, OP? North or South?
Girls in London can afford make-up, whereas the girls up North cannot afford make-up.
Reply 9
Oh god I'm BEGGING you to get a life OP. Have you seen every ****ing girl in the north and in the south? I'll wait...

Why is there such a north-south divide on this board?
(edited 9 years ago)
Money init.
Is Leeds a more fun city to live in comparison to London?
Original post by ldsbabe
Oh god I'm BEGGING you to get a life OP. Have you seen every fu*king girl in the north and in the south? I'll wait...

It's almost refreshing to see a generalization that doesn't involve Muslims, women or black people.
Original post by Ndella
Which region do you find more attractive, OP? North or South?

South.
Yourself ?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ldsbabe
Oh god I'm BEGGING you to get a life OP. Have you seen every fu*king girl in the north and in the south? I'll wait...

Never said i had.
Reply 15
Original post by matthewduncan
South.
Yourself ?

Well I don't really know. I hardly visit northern regions and I've lived in London all my life. But generally I would see Southerners more naturally attractive - Northerners have a reputation for excessive vanity.
Original post by matthewduncan
Kinda makes sense when you think about it.
You got any proof that this happens more in the north than the south?

Sure can!

For obesity, refer to 2.7.2 fig 2.3 here. shows a clear gap between north and south. obesity in south east 9.0%, north east 13.1%

and then this one for smoking, not such a visable gap between regions at first glance, however, the number of heavy smokers in the north is double that of the south in their sample. look for table 2.10 for the easy to read data!

there are a huge amount of news articles on this aswell but tend to be biased and dont want to quote them all, these are just two fairly well structured reports and cant really be biased as such with data
I guess the polluted air and being surrounded by concrete makes the Londoners more beat down and ugly?
I live in East Anglia and whenever I go to London, I notice there is a clear difference in terms of how goodlooking people are (Londoners being better looking). I wonder if it is some sort of hybrid-vigour at play, because of London being more of a melting pot and it gives people that boost.
(edited 9 years ago)
Which are you saying is ugly?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending