The Student Room Group

Is this really an ugly car?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by de_monies
Seriously? It's a terrible car and you should be ashamed of driving a German whip around...

Nah,it looks like quite a nice, little nippy, German, economical car!

An ugly car imo would be the older Ford Ka's (Well perhaps not ugly, but it's more of a girly car)

Ford Ka's is awesome!
It's alright. It's definitely not downright ugly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
From these responses, I can conclude that my car isn't ugly. It is average :smile:
Original post by elektriiqa
Thanks buddy! :smile:

its my first car too, its pretty good................just be careful of the engine management light which could be the lamba sensor and the suspension. Not sure what other common faults it has though.
Reply 44
Original post by Iqbal007
its my first car too, its pretty good................just be careful of the engine management light which could be the lamba sensor and the suspension. Not sure what other common faults it has though.

I heard the speedometer lights may be a fault in them :/
I heard the speedometer lights may be a fault in them :/

Its the lamba sensor which seems to be a common fault which causes the engine management light.
Yep, I believe it is so!

Some People tend to start insulting the fact I drive a Diesel Skoda Octavia (I know it's not a typical car for a 20yr old to own) but if that happens a good clip round the ear sorts them out as either drive a knackered Clio or they have one of those stupid Limited edition Corsa's financed by mommy and daddy
Not ugly but bland looking.

Personally prefer German cars that are made in Germany rather than one made in South Africa or Slovakia.
Reply 48
Original post by Alfissti
Not ugly but bland looking.

Personally prefer German cars that are made in Germany rather than one made in South Africa or Slovakia.

I think that in real life it looks a lot better and mine doesn't have those black bump strips on the sides, which in my opinion makes it cleaner looking.
Who mentioned M3s to be not all that and overrated???

The new one is a bit dodgy, but the E46 in particular, one of the best looking cars that is, and the noise is makes!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrWhosane
Who mentioned M3s to be not all that and overrated???

The new one is a bit dodgy, but the E46 in particular, one of the best looking cars that is, and the noise is makes!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was me.

In my personal opinion I don't like the way they look, a bit too boxy for my liking, which is why I much prefer the M6

One of the best looking cars there is? Coke on you're going way too far there.

Noise, meh a big exhaust can do that on any car. I prefer quieter cars tbh, if I ever had the opportunity to buy a supercar I would actually make it as quiet as possible cos I don't like the shoutiness.

Interior design leaves something to be desired as does the safety and the handling isn't perfect.

And lastly BMW's especially the M series are overpriced.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mubariz
That was me.

In my personal opinion I don't like the way they look, a bit too boxy for my liking, which is why I much prefer the M6

One of the best looking cars there is? Coke on you're going way too far there.

Noise, meh a big exhaust can do that on any car. I prefer quieter cars tbh, if I ever had the opportunity to buy a supercar I would actually make it as quiet as possible cos I don't like the shoutiness.

Interior design leaves something to be desired as does the safety and the handling isn't perfect.

And lastly BMW's especially the M series are overpriced.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair point.

The boxy point you make. The whole point is a super saloon, isn't it. The proper M3 is a saloon, but it also comes in three different guises as we know, so I don't think you can knock it for being boxy.

Other than that, each to their own I suppose.
Original post by MrWhosane
Fair point.

The boxy point you make. The whole point is a super saloon, isn't it. The proper M3 is a saloon, but it also comes in three different guises as we know, so I don't think you can knock it for being boxy.

Other than that, each to their own I suppose.

I guess, but the EVO X is also a saloon is it not? It isn't really boxy and looks much better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
Original post by danconway
Could be worse... Fiat Multipla.

:pinch:
your first car is going to get battered, rather drive something crap for a year and not ruin something beautiful - its what im doing.
Reply 55
6/10: not turning any heads

I'm more into Audi's myself (mid-2000's onwards), but this should do you just fine as a first car as far as looks are concerned.
Reply 56
Nothing wrong with it. I wanted to get a VW for my first car, but my insurance was so expensive :/
Its a nice car.Haters gonna hate.
Meeh its alright i've seen worse lol
Reply 59
Should I make it similar to this? Does it improve it massively? In my opinion it does!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending