The Student Room Group

Going to weight train without creatine?

So for the past 4 months I have been on creatine and I have made a few gains at the gym regarding muscle mass. I stopped taking creating 2 weeks ago and also stopped going gym as I have been busy elsewhere. I am about to start going gym again but this time I don't want to take creatine and instead rely on my natural strength. I was just wondering has anyone noticed any considerable changes in their strength and muscle mass ever since they stopped talking creating for a while? Also can you build muscle just as good without creatine as with creatine?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What's creatine?
Reply 2
I never noticed any difference whilst taking creatine.

Loads of people don't use it ever, it's not that big a deal. It helps plenty people but it's far from significant enough to be a deal breaker
Reply 3
Original post by mrhedgehog
So for the past 4 months I have been on creatine and I have made a few gains at the gym regarding muscle mass. I stopped taking creating 2 weeks ago and also stopped going gym as I have been busy elsewhere. I am about to start going gym again but this time I don't want to take creatine and instead rely on my natural strength. I was just wondering has anyone noticed any considerable changes in their strength and muscle mass ever since they stopped talking creating for a while? Also can you build muscle just as good without creatine as with creatine?

What kind of gains are we talking here?
Original post by David B
What's creatine?

Steroids.
Reply 5
Original post by Manchester United
Steroids.

It is? I thought creatine was a supplement like whey...
Reply 6
Sh** ain't that serious, don't dive into this stuff too much, you make gains just eating and lifting, bodybuilding is the easiest and simplest thing there is, it's not a sport requiring genuine effort like football or something, like I said. Just eat and lift, the supplements effects are hardly significant

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SinaPars
Sh** ain't that serious, don't dive into this stuff too much, you make gains just eating and lifting, bodybuilding is the easiest and simplest thing there is, it's not a sport requiring genuine effort like football or something, like I said. Just eat and lift, the supplements effects are hardly significant

Posted from TSR Mobile

and sleep! Don't forget the sleep/rest!
Reply 8
and sleep! Don't forget the sleep/rest!

6 hours is enough. Which is pretty much the average sleep people I get i believe, don't go anal with it 'omg I must sleep now or I'll only sleep 5 and a half hours and lose my gains!!!!!'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mrhedgehog

Rely on natural strength?

What bs is this. Creatine is cheap an organic acid that helps with transferring energy to your muscles.

Why give yourself a handicap.
Reply 10
Original post by BKS
I never noticed any difference whilst taking creatine.

Loads of people don't use it ever, it's not that big a deal. It helps plenty people but it's far from significant enough to be a deal breaker

It's probably one of the only supplements I'd recommend as it does help in the gym for most people. One of the only supplements which actually helps and isn't just broscience.
Reply 11
Original post by Kre
It's probably one of the only supplements I'd recommend as it does help in the gym for most people. One of the only supplements which actually helps and isn't just broscience.

Yeah, it's the only legal supplement that does work but I still don't think it's that big a deal
Creatine, not even once.
Creatine isn't really worth it. It's good whilst you take it, but the gains don't stick around when you stop. It's just a crutch.

Original post by SinaPars
6 hours is enough. Which is pretty much the average sleep people I get i believe, don't go anal with it 'omg I must sleep now or I'll only sleep 5 and a half hours and lose my gains!!!!!'

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is a lie.
Steroids.

Original post by AdamCee
It is? I thought creatine was a supplement like whey...

It's not a steroid lol. Not even close.

Can't remember exactly but creatine gets used up inside your muscles while you're doing physical activities. So having more creatine in the muscle makes you able to do stuff longer or life heavier. It's already in your muscles and is created by your body whether you take supplements or not. Taking more creatine just puts more into your body. Lawd some people are so uneducated.

Something like that. You study it at Biology Alevel.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ChickenMadness
It's not a steroid lol. Not even close.

unaware
Original post by illusionz
unaware

haven't been on misc in a while.
Original post by ChickenMadness
haven't been on misc in a while.

it's used as a metaphor for steroids as steroid discussion isn't allowed. That is likely what the guy was alluding to.
Creatine is great. Only negative is I end up drinking loads more water when on it and thus piss all the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I always felt creatine had more placebo value than anything

Quick Reply

Latest