The Student Room Group

would you marry for money?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I find it really pathetic tbh, why do you need a wedding/ring/dress/fancy home?
BS like this ruins the meaning of love. The man isn't your slave :l

Health? Please there are single people around the world with extreme issues who survive and provide for themselves.
Original post by Birkenhead
Does this not make you feel ashamed / pathetic?

No. Why should it?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by De Mortimer
No, money doesn't bring happiness.

No, but it solves 99% of the problems that make you unhappy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by themorninglight
No. Why should it?

Personally I would be ashamed of actively seeking out a partner partly because I wanted to leech off of their financial stability.
Personally I would be ashamed of actively seeking out a partner partly because I wanted to leech off of their financial stability.

Lol.

Quit twisting my words. I never once said I would do such a thing. Did you even see my post prior to that one?
Lol.

Quit twisting my words. I never once said I would do such a thing. Did you even see my post prior to that one?

Let's refresh your memory of the post I was responding to:

Then what do you mean? I have nothing against marrying someone so you can depend on them financially, I intend to do the same anyway. But it shouldn't be the most important thing to you is what I'm saying.

When challenged about this attitude you responded by saying that you were not ashamed of looking forward to 'depending' financially on your partner:

No. Why should it?

My view is that this is parasitical behaviour and I would be ashamed of it myself.
Let's refresh your memory of the post I was responding to:

When challenged about this attitude you responded by saying that you were not ashamed of looking forward to 'depending' financially on your partner:

My view is that this is parasitical behaviour and I would be ashamed of it myself.

So depending on someone = parasitical behaviour? Sheesh. I feel sorry for anyone who has to depend on you.

FYI: I'm not ashamed of depending financially on my future partner (God willing) because that's what my religion dictates. And to be frank I don't really care for your opinion on it.
You sound like a materialistic,shallow, mainland Chinese slut.
So depending on someone = parasitical behaviour? Sheesh. I feel sorry for anyone who has to depend on you.

FYI: I'm not ashamed of depending financially on my future partner (God willing) because that's what my religion dictates. And to be frank I don't really care for your opinion on it.

There's a difference between depending on someone for something like emotional support and living entirely off of someone financially.
There's a difference between depending on someone for something like emotional support and living entirely off of someone financially.

Get over yourself. Children depend on their parents financially as well as emotionally, does that make them parasites? If a woman stays at home to look after children and her husband provides for them, are they all parasites? Seriously, what planet do you live on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile
Obviously planet Earth, not so sure about you and children cannot physically work like adults and at the end of the day they are CHILDREN who cannot support themselves, you on the other hand are a grown woman who can and marrying someone so you can take advantage of thier finances regardless of what you choose to say is selfish and makes you a glorified parasite
Get over yourself. Children depend on their parents financially as well as emotionally, does that make them parasites? If a woman stays at home to look after children and her husband provides for them, are they all parasites? Seriously, what planet do you live on?

Listen to what you're saying: you're comparing yourself/the adult version of yourself with children. It's a humiliation to entirely depend on your partner financially and the comparison with children relying on their parents is apt but does your argument no favours.
Original post by Anonymous
whats wrong with wanting just a simple house... were not talking mansions here but being able to live in a financially stable enviroment.. dont kid me everyone wants to be able to one day live in a house and be comortable.. I wouldnt just HAPPILY marry some rich guy.. I want things to work out with my bf SOO much but JUST me cant support us and he cant support me atm.. just being honest..

then support yourself
Original post by Dinaa
I find it really pathetic tbh, why do you need a wedding/ring/dress/fancy home?
BS like this ruins the meaning of love. The man isn't your slave :l

Health? Please there are single people around the world with extreme issues who survive and provide for themselves.

Actually I am intending to marry my bf oh future if practically we can make it work. You may have a problem with marriage but I don't. I don't mind working part time and then the rest of the week being a housewife you may do but I don't.
Actually I am intending to marry my bf oh future if practically we can make it work. You may have a problem with marriage but I don't. I don't mind working part time and then the rest of the week being a housewife you may do but I don't.

Why is the man a slave just cos he earns more than women I know plenty of doctors marrying doctor or accountants marrying dentists pole of equal salary or salary difference do end up marrying each other for various reasons. All im saying is practically I would want to consider finance into account if I was to marry because living together and having children and pretty much everything are very hard without money. Were not talking super rich here. But apparently men are women slaves. ..lol
Original post by EatAndRevise
then support yourself

This thread is about marriage....and im in a relationship lol if people want to get ahead in life themselves that's fine
Reply 56

i never said i had a problem with marriage.. i said wedding. Why don't you just get the paper work done? Why must there be a big party for it?

Idm housewives. My mother is a housewife so seeing her makes me want an education and work.
Original post by Pheoa101
Posted from TSR Mobile
Obviously planet Earth, not so sure about you and children cannot physically work like adults and at the end of the day they are CHILDREN who cannot support themselves, you on the other hand are a grown woman who can and marrying someone so you can take advantage of thier finances regardless of what you choose to say is selfish and makes you a glorified parasite

You are entitled to your opinion my friend and that is absolutely fine. Fyi when I mentioned rich suitor at the start I was talking about stranger marriages...they are based on meeting ppl who basically are compatible with you in many ways ie..views personality religion obviously finance ..families..so it's not just money and Money important both ways so both man and wife could contribute financially. When women gets pregnant she needs man to support her if man gets I'll or sick then the women needs to support man. It's up to people man or women if they in general feel more comfortable working pt or ft or if they want children im just saying look around you. There are many diff families men women cultures...marriages divorces there is different ways of thinking and things can still work out...not every marriage . Comes from ..girl meets boy falls in love they marry nothing wrong c that,

I may want to work pt which I already do for numerous reasons but that's my personal choice...Iv supported my bf financially for the last two yes cos he's had very difficult time ..now it's his turn to step up...

Wee just talking about marriage here and whether ppl take finance into account that's,all.
I wouldn't marry for money because I'd have my own income before I settle down with anyone else. Guaranteed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This thread is about marriage....and im in a relationship lol if people want to get ahead in life themselves that's fine

Yes, it is about marriage. Marriage is not about the man going out working and the female staying at home, scrounging off the man's income.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending