The Student Room Group

Can anyone please help me give a second opinion on my personal statement?

Any PS helpers able to give a second opinion on my PS? no one else has read it, desperately need a 'fresh set of eyes' to have a look

Scroll to see replies

bump
Please don't bump a thread after only ten minutes. The PS Help service is undergoing revision at the moment and is unavailable. Feel free to use the PS builder tool and the PS library in the meantime, but don't send your ps to people on a public forum without safeguards.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Please don't bump a thread after only ten minutes. The PS Help service is undergoing revision at the moment and is unavailable. Feel free to use the PS builder tool and the PS library in the meantime, but don't send your ps to people on a public forum without safeguards.

Thanks but ive written it already, im not in the process of researching how to write a PS.

Can I send it to you? lol
Original post by Sic semper erat
Thanks but ive written it already, im not in the process of researching how to write a PS.

Maybe you should ask someone you know to look it over, as opposed to a bunch of complete strangers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm afraid not. We are not permitted to use the PM system and the other system is closed at the moment. I suggest you ask a teacher to look at it at the start of term. There is no rush.
I have no one to ask. It has to be someone who for starters knows what a personal statement is (I'm not from the UK) and there are lots of people here who are good at this.

Sorry, but as Carnation said, the PS Helpers cannot help you via PM. No-one else is checked, so don't send it to anyone you don't know on the internet.
I have no one to ask. It has to be someone who for starters knows what a personal statement is (I'm not from the UK) and there are lots of people here who are good at this.

I'm not from the UK either. I'm not a student anymore either, but that doesn't mean there is no one for me to ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
xxx

Any updates on the PS Help Service? :smile:
Any updates on the PS Help Service? :smile:

'Fraid not. The situation hasn't really changed. :no:
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
'Fraid not. The situation hasn't really changed. :no:

I have the October 15th deadline :/ lol. What did you do today?
I have the October 15th deadline :/ lol. What did you do today?

I'm getting all prepped up for GCSE Results Day. :biggrin:
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
I'm getting all prepped up for GCSE Results Day. :biggrin:

You're a teacher? I had pizza today, then Mango juice in a can and then this nice Turkish dessert called Knafeh. Good day at the office also :-)))
Reply 13
Any PS helpers able to give a second opinion on my PS? no one else has read it, desperately need a 'fresh set of eyes' to have a look

I'll have a look for you if you want, granted you trust me with it. I've just finished doing mine for the second time so I may be able to help.
Original post by ThePoet
I'll have a look for you if you want, granted you trust me with it. I've just finished doing mine for the second time so I may be able to help.

Not really appropriate as he should not really email a PS
I wouldn't share it online buddy, anyone could pinch off your sentences. Ask your teachers when you get back to school.

I'd be happy to check it out mi amigo. Don't know much about personal statements but know plenty about writing and what people want to read, if you want advice from that perspective.

edit: on second thoughts yeah maybe you shouldn't share it on the internet.
(edited 9 years ago)
Thanks for the offers, but maybe its not a good idea to share it as has been said. I guess we'll just have to wait for the PS Help Service to open again :-)))))))
OP PLEASE don't send your PS to someone online. You have no guarantees that they know what they're talking about or that they aren't also applying this year.
Thanks for the offers, but maybe its not a good idea to share it as has been said. I guess we'll just have to wait for the PS Help Service to open again :-)))))))

Sounds like a good idea:smile:

If it doesn't look like TSRG will have their new service up and running in time we (the existing PS helpers) will try to sort something out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending