The Student Room Group

My Sons status is Payments Scheldued

Hi, my sons student finance status says 'Payments Scheduled' and 'Deceleration from has been received and processed'. However my Account (Parent) is still being asked for evidence.

Could this be because I hadn't received my letter requesting evidence early enough so by the time I sent it back it was probably received late so when SFE sent out the chase letter, they had then received my evidence? is it worth ringing up or because my sons status is Payments Scheduled it is fine?

Thanks In advanced
Hi there.

Occasionally what can happen is if your sons application waits for financial information for too long the system will automatically approve it outwith household income to ensure he has some degree of funding in place for him beginning uni. So the payments that are approved are of the lower, non-income assessed amounts.

We will deal with the information requested from you separately and reassess his application once we have fully processed this. Once this is done we will send out a new entitlement letter.

Thanks.
Reply 2
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi there.

Occasionally what can happen is if your sons application waits for financial information for too long the system will automatically approve it outwith household income to ensure he has some degree of funding in place for him beginning uni. So the payments that are approved are of the lower, non-income assessed amounts.

We will deal with the information requested from you separately and reassess his application once we have fully processed this. Once this is done we will send out a new entitlement letter.

Thanks.

Okay however when he received his declaration letter it stated the grant he would get and above the minimum amount of maintenance loan so would it still be worth double checking by phoning up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending