The Student Room Group

Last name changed

I got my name changed via deed poll this year, yesterday I got my a level results and I'm going to university in September!
i need to tell student finance and Aston university about this, my question is how do I do that and will it cause any problems?
Also is there anyone else I need to tell like ucas?
Thanks in advance :smile:
Don't bother you will make it worse for yourself, just let them send the money through and enroll automatically or you could make the process more complicated for yourself.
Original post by KindofGood
Don't bother you will make it worse for yourself, just let them send the money through and enroll automatically or you could make the process more complicated for yourself.

What do you mean?
when should I let them know then?
Original post by Anonymous263
What do you mean?
when should I let them know then?

After you have received the goodies
Reply 4
Original post by KindofGood
After you have received the goodies

Student Finance pay the tuition fee direct to the uni - you never get your hands in it.

OP - Give the uni a ring and explain that your fee payment may come through associated with your old surname. They'll tell you whether you need to change anything at the SF or UCAS end. You need to make sure your details are current with the uni, otherwise you'll end up with a degree certificate in your old surname.

You need to make sure that your bank account details on the SF system reflect what your bank account actually is so that your payments aren't delayed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending