The Student Room Group

What's your body fat %?

Just found this for measuring body fat, I know this doesn't actually work, and it's just a complete estimate. But thought it would be interesting to see what people get all the same

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculat...age-calculator

It says I'm around 22. 3%, with 22 being ideal for a female. That does seem about right, I'd hope it was actually a little lower in reality.

If you know yours already or have used that calculator, what is it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm around 9-10%, on a Dexa scan. Realistically the only accurate way to get your real bodyfat % is through a Dexa or water tank dunk.

Most people are way higher than they think they are.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Joe909
I'm 3.50%

You must be hella veiny
Reply 3
Using the fat caliper test, I'm at around 9%.
Reply 4
Original post by PG593
Using the fat caliper test, I'm at around 9%.

+ 5% for calipers.
Reply 5
Original post by Joe909
+ 5% for calipers.

Oh really, how come?
sitting about 12% right now
18.13%
17.74% apparently, which has me as an athlete... :lolwut:
Reply 9
Original post by PG593
Oh really, how come?

This is a 6% Bodyfat on a dexa scan:

alberto4.jpg

People often underestimate their real bodyfat percentage, mostly because of calipers. You can be really lean and people will say you're 8%, but really you're 12/13%.
Original post by Joe909
This is a 6% Bodyfat on a dexa scan:

People often underestimate their real bodyfat percentage, mostly because of calipers. You can be really lean and people will say you're 8%, but really you're 12/13%.
truth, most people have no idea how lean a true 10% is, 10% is basically ripped, it's basically being rock hard (no homo) without all the straitions and veins you get when you're 5-8%. There's a lot of 5'11 200-225 lbs guys with 10-12% body fat on the Internet. In reality, their "10-12%" body fat is more like 15% body fat or more. Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting. Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think. Talk to me again when you get in contest shape.
ITT: Random number generator 9-19.
Original post by Greg Jackson
There's a lot of 5'11 200-225 lbs guys with 10-12% body fat on the Internet. In reality, their "10-12%" body fat is more like 15% body fat or more. Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting. Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.

Martin Berkhan talks a lot of sense. Have the sense not to plagiarise him.
According to that calculation I'm 20.93% which I'm pretty pleased with! would like to get below 20% ideally.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by SEHughes
Martin Berkhan talks a lot of sense. Have the sense not to plagiarise him.

I literally started reading it and AntonioBanderas.gif by the end, strong copy paste.
busted
Reply 16
13ish
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Just found this for measuring body fat, I know this doesn't actually work, and it's just a complete estimate. But thought it would be interesting to see what people get all the same

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculat...age-calculator

It says I'm around 22. 3%, with 22 being ideal for a female. That does seem about right, I'd hope it was actually a little lower in reality.

If you know yours already or have used that calculator, what is it?

I'm 19 now, half way to 20. When I was 17-18 I did have a body fat percentage of about 11%, which APPARENTLY! I don't know if this is true, but apparently that was in the percentage range of what a pro athlete would have. I read that for a male 6-13% body fat is what an athlete has.
According to that 16.98%...which is bull****. I know I'm around 23%. I just have a small waist which is what I think messed it up.
I'm about tree fiddy%.

Quick Reply

Latest