Visit website

Swansea University Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Got a postcard thing in the post today!
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Original post by Frainteso
I'm still waiting to hear back from three universities, Swansea. I sent my application on the 30th October and got a confirmation but that's it. A lot of others doing Adult Nursing have been offered interviews and such. I'm a bit worried to say the least. Anyone else still waiting? :s-smilie:

Hello, I have checked with Human and Health Science Admissions and the forms are being processed at the moment. Please keep checking your emails and the information will be sent out to you. I hope this helps!
Got an offer an hour ago! ABB to study physics!
Reply 43
Hey guys,

I am applying for MSc Biochemistry (4 years) and I am an EU student. I sent my application on the 5th of November but I still haven't received either a letter or an offer. What about you? Is anyone else applying for Biochemistry?
Reply 44
Got an Unconditional Offer to study Law two nights ago :biggrin:
anyone else got an interview on the 20th of January for audiology. Does anyone else know how the interview process is, does it involve group work activities :smile:
Reply 46
Anybody applied for Adult nursing for Sept 2015? Sent my ucas off last Monday and had an invite for an interview on the Friday. fast turn around eh? Still in shock...lol Happy though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Hello, I'm new here. An applicant from Cambodia. Got a conditional offer from Swansea for Gender and Culture MA a week ago. They said the matriculation sub-committee of the university needs to approve my qualification after I accept the offer (and I will accept the offer, of course) so i guess I'm not a 100% accepted by the school yet?. I seriously don't know what stage I am in right now. Does that mean I'm almost there? Anyone faces the same thing?
Reply 48
For anybody applying for a programme run by the School of Management (Economics etc) be very wary about your decision. Basically the new Dean had made a lot of changes to degree programs which has led to over 20 academic staff leaving. There is a petition for the University to take action against him which currently has over 1000 signatures (shows the scale of the problem). My personal experience Is that all my Economics modules are delivered by PhD students and I don't have a single lecturer. For the amount of money you will be investing in your education, you need to make the best choice possible and i strongly advise that you do not pursue such a degree scheme at Swansea University until such problems are corrected. Despite this Swansea is a great university on the whole, I study a joint honours and as such I have the opportunity to experience two other departments, Namely the College of Arts and Humanties, and Human and Health science. These departments are so much better than the School of management and I can not praise them enough. Just to make it clear I think Swansea Is a great university, in fact I love studying here, just please think carefully before firming a School of Management programme because I would hate for anybody else to be blatantly robbed as myself and my peers have been.
Anyone applied for chemical engineering?
I note in this thread that someone has been given an unconditional offer for law. Is this an offer based on AS results?

I am interested in the MEng electronic and electrical course and am asking because my son has today received an updated offer from Birmingham to study that course there and the offer has been updated to unconditional provided he puts it as his firm choice.

He has an offer from Swansea and it is his favourite course and location, however an unconditional offer does hold a very great attraction.

Does the engineering department at Swansea University offer unconditional offers based on AS level results and update offers as Birmingham has done?
I am not aware of Swansea making such offers however Birmingham pioneered this policy. My understanding is that they only make unconditional offers where AAA or better is predicted. It might be worth your son speaking to the Admissions Tutor explaining he has received an unconditional offer from Birmingham and telling the tutor he would really like to come there instead and asking whether they can match Birmingham's offer. If I was the admission tutor I would ask myself what can I do to keep a student here who is prepared to reject a top uni in favour of mine. I cant see he has anything to lose
Thank you for your prompt reply.
Is this the correct details to contact the relevant admissions tutor?
http://www.swansea.ac.uk/admissions/
or would it be better to contact the engineering department?
http://www.swansea.ac.uk/engineering/contact/
It will be the one for the engineering dept. My gut feeling is he would be better off telephoning. As things are now it is a battle for each uni to fill its places and particularly to attract the best students. Whether they will be able to offer him an unconditional I don't know but with his predicted grades I would think they will make effort to attract him
Original post by silverlinings
Thank you for your prompt reply.
Is this the correct details to contact the relevant admissions tutor?
http://www.swansea.ac.uk/admissions/
or would it be better to contact the engineering department?
http://www.swansea.ac.uk/engineering/contact/

Hi Silverlinings, please contact [email protected] as soon as possible and they will be able to help you and provide some clarity on this. I hope this helps - if you have any other questions please ask and I will try my best to find an answer.
Reply 55
Original post by Swansea University
Hi Silverlinings, please contact [email protected] as soon as possible and they will be able to help you and provide some clarity on this. I hope this helps - if you have any other questions please ask and I will try my best to find an answer.

Hello! May I please ask: How long does the processing of applications for 'Genetics' take? Do the university wait till after the deadline? Because I've sent my application last month (5th of November) and I've received a postcard, but that's it. :smile:I've seen lots of people getting offers from other life sciences courses, such as Zoology, so I'm just kinda worried. :s-smilie:
Swansea is my first choice uni, but it's also the only uni I'm waiting for to give me reply :confused: Thanks!
Original post by Bruno26
Hello! May I please ask: How long does the processing of applications for 'Genetics' take? Do the university wait till after the deadline? Because I've sent my application last month (5th of November) and I've received a postcard, but that's it. :smile:I've seen lots of people getting offers from other life sciences courses, such as Zoology, so I'm just kinda worried. :s-smilie:
Swansea is my first choice uni, but it's also the only uni I'm waiting for to give me reply :confused: Thanks!

I waited about a month for my Swansea offer, but for geography so not sure if it's the same for all departments :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have an interview Friday 12th for adult nursing 😊
Original post by Bruno26

Hello, thank you for your question. The admissions staff don't usually wait until after the deadline has passed and are currently working through the application forms so it will be likely that you will hear back soon. I hope this helps!
Reply 59
I have an interview for Adult nursing on the 18th. I'm researching Welsh Nursing policy and am probably over-thinking the whole interview process but wanted to be clear about the difference between English and Welsh NHS practice. Can anyone help please?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest