The Student Room Group

Texting girl only to get into her pants

A girl who I am friends with is texting all the time.

Would guys go through the trouble of replying to a girls text and making small talk?

I never understood why girls text obsessively. I can understand they text their female friends for gossip, but why text a guy all the time. Cut to the chase...
Why don't you talk to her face to face?
Reply 2
We are girls we often obsess about things we shouldn’t really give the light of day. Stupid guys is one of our faves with us females we often care a little to much.
Reply 3
you cut to the chase, let her know what you want. She'll either stop or you'll get in her
Reply 4
I don't want to come across as rude if I don't keep the convo flowing. I quite like the girl and would like to sleep with her. But can't be bothered with the all day texting. I am also not sure if she is interested, so my efforts may be in vain
Reply 5
Original post by shawn_o1
Why don't you talk to her face to face?

Talking face to face isn't always an option as we live in different cities for university.

She is sort of a friend, but I would like to take it to the next level without the unnecessary texting.
If you text her loads and eventually have sex with her, only for her to realise that your only motive was the have sex with her, then expect **** to hit the fan. However, if you tell her all you want is fun (and by fun you make it clear that fun = sex and nothing else) she will either drop you or go a long with it.
Original post by Anonymous
Talking face to face isn't always an option as we live in different cities for university.

She is sort of a friend, but I would like to take it to the next level without the unnecessary texting.

No option but to see each other at a time that suits both of you
Reply 8
A girl who I am friends with is texting all the time.

Would guys go through the trouble of replying to a girls text and making small talk?

I never understood why girls text obsessively. I can understand they text their female friends for gossip, but why text a guy all the time. Cut to the chase...

How did you guys meet and what are your conversations like? Are they flirty , sexual, friendly or just boring ?
She may just be bored tbh and want to talk? Best to ask her out for a date soon and see what she really wants.
Reply 10
I blame boredom :tongue: or she is interested in you and thats why she texts a lot. I would have to say I would probably leave her be as she may want more then a casual fling then if you are complaining about the texting now imagine what it could be like if you got with her properly. Then again she could change.
If your only motive is sex then it's not worth it unless your text conversations are particularly interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I were her I'd stop someone's obvs feeling special..
You could just not make a move and you may one day realise that this girl obviously likes you but by then it will be too late because you would have just left high school and both gone to different colleges, then you spend way too much time wallowing in self pity because you know that she was perfect and she thought that, because you didn't give her enough attention, you don't like her. Last week you saw her but she so obviously ignored you and so you died a little inside.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Zeldaintheflesh
If you text her loads and eventually have sex with her, only for her to realise that your only motive was the have sex with her, then expect **** to hit the fan. However, if you tell her all you want is fun (and by fun you make it clear that fun = sex and nothing else) she will either drop you or go a long with it.

this would also save your time, given that you don't find the conversation itself interesting
I was talking to my friend about something similar the other day. He basically tells girls what he wants from the start..this cuts out all the unnecessary small talk.
Original post by phunky_fresh
I was talking to my friend about something similar the other day. He basically tells girls what he wants from the start..this cuts out all the unnecessary small talk.

Being frank from the start doesn't usually turn out well. "I want to bang you" isn't the best opener.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the occasional SMS. But all day texting can be a bit boring
Being frank from the start doesn't usually turn out well. "I want to bang you" isn't the best opener.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the occasional SMS. But all day texting can be a bit boring

I meant for example ' I'm not looking for anything serious'. She should understand what you mean.
Original post by lou 22
We are girls we often obsess about things we shouldn’t really give the light of day. Stupid guys is one of our faves with us females we often care a little to much.

Shi*talking and badmouthing
Hmm. I hope my lack of texting doesn't come across as lack of interest in having sex with her. I'm worried that she is always the one to initiate the texting and I am not very good at feigning interest in texting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending