The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump for truth
Reply 2
Perhaps looking for a woman isn't their priority at the moment. The people you've shown look relatively young so perhaps they're students. Asians are known to take their education seriously, so frankly, I'm not surprised they dress that way.
Most probably because the media has created neurological associations of the word asian and geek in your head.
Reply 4
Because they don't lift brah
Maybe they just like looking/dressing that way. Plus, some women actually dig the geeky look.

Original post by MAINE.

Maybe if they stopped looking like dweebs and started looking like men, more oriental women would actually date them as opposed to trying to find themselves a white guy.

I'm curious, what does "looking like men" look like?
Reply 6
Original post by s.a.u
Because they don't lift brah

haha...you aware brah?

Original post by Ndella
Perhaps looking for a woman isn't their priority at the moment. The people you've shown look relatively young so perhaps they're students. Asians are known to take their education seriously, so frankly, I'm not surprised they dress that way.

Well I see a lot of oriental guys who look like that, and yes most are probably students, but there are also a lot of oriental guys of "post-student" age that look like that.

I can understand how being serious about your education means your appearance/persona may take a bit of a back seat, but being serious about your education does not mean you have to look like a dweeb. There's no reason you can't get A*s and also look and act like a man, as opposed to a dweeb.

It just makes me laugh when I see so many oriental guys like this on other forums, and they make threads about how they have little/no success with women, and they want to know what they can do to change that.

Original post by Em_Huong
Plus, some women actually dig the geeky look.

Yes, you're right....some women do go for the geeky look - precisely 0.035% of women.
Don't be silly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Like someone else said, they just take their education more seriously instead of trying to hook up with girls.
Reply 9
Original post by MAINE.
haha...you aware brah?

Well I see a lot of oriental guys who look like that, and yes most are probably students, but there are also a lot of oriental guys of "post-student" age that look like that.

I can understand how being serious about your education means your appearance/persona may take a bit of a back seat, but being serious about your education does not mean you have to look like a dweeb. There's no reason you can't get A*s and also look and act like a man, as opposed to a dweeb.

It just makes me laugh when I see so many oriental guys like this on other forums, and they make threads about how they have little/no success with women, and they want to know what they can do to change that.

Yes, you're right....some women do go for the geeky look - precisely 0.035% of women.

You're definitely correct. But there are people who aren't very in-touch with style nor do they care about it. They probably just accept that.
Low testosterone and poor eyesight.
Original post by DentistButcher

Hateful.
Original post by MissLalaxx
Hateful.

Fact-ful.
Fact-ful.

Still kinda hateful. I think it's hot! A man with a brain is more important than how they look IMO.:perv:
Nice to know you're not stereotyping OP. :rolleyes:
Original post by MAINE.
Most oriental guys look like this:

Don't they realise their geeky appearance is a turn off to pretty much all women.

Maybe if they stopped looking like dweebs and started looking like men, more oriental women would actually date them as opposed to trying to find themselves a white guy.

Also, before PC police neg me into oblivion, not being racist just making an observation.

At least they're getting their A*s instead of making generalisations on tsr, and studying at top research universities,being smart and geeky is the new cool,deal with it
Reply 16

hmm perhaps all geeky oriental guys need to actually become real men is testosterone supplements

Original post by queen-bee
At least they're getting their A*s instead of making generalisations on tsr, and studying at top research universities,being smart and geeky is the new cool,deal with it

It's also possible to both get A*s and spend your time making generalisations on tsr....I would know :lol:
Original post by Ndella

Why is there a correlation between dressing like an ass and being intelligent?
Is it just me, 'cause I have never met an oriental guy who fitted that stereotype lately

OP are you still in school?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 19
Not all oriental men look like nerds but I have noticed many of them seem to be feminized. The ones I see look more like this:

Latest

Trending

Trending