The Student Room Group

Do girls desire casual sex just as much as guys?

Scroll to see replies

Ain't nobody got time for casual sex
I think we need to differentiate between high sex drive and wanting casual sex. They are both very different.
I consider myself to have a high sexual drive, but also highly conditional about where the sexual comes from. Being simply physically attractive isn't enough to turn me on. If you take into consideration all of these behavioural factors, the pool of people I'm willing to sleep with becomes smaller and smaller.
Original post by limetang
Which is a complete straw man as I never claimed we should be talking about means, but that we should be talking about general trends, which is the only way you can discuss groups as large as male and female.

And lumping all men and all women together is foolish.

I don't think there is an academically rigorous survey that has asked a significantly sized population something like 'if there were no adverse consequences, how many sexual partners would you like to have?' - which is what the OP needs to answer the original question.

Also completely unrelated but what on earth is a sex club?

Somewhere people go to have anonymous casual sex. London has dozens of them, for example.
Reply 23
Depends entirely on the individual, and stop automatically putting guys in the "desires casual sex" category you sexist ****. Anyone would think your sole purpose in life is to rack up a chick count.
(edited 9 years ago)
no, it's just society that says so...
Original post by CJKay
Depends entirely on the individual, and stop automatically putting guys in the "desires casual sex" category you sexist ****. Anyone would think your sole purpose in life is to rack up a chick count.
When I said just as much I basically meant to the same extent, calm down buddy.
Well I do.
Of course not. Girls don't like sex.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Not as much
i dont think so.

wait, im asexual.
Original post by Multitalented me
I meant in general. I hear some people say sex for girls is more about the emotional part than for guys however I'm not sure that's true if you assess all the evidence.

What you mention there is a stereotype- but its impossible to generalise, because there are individual differences.
Original post by Calum.McManus
Let me put it this way. I am a guy, but I wouldn't go near a girl who would ever be willing to have a one night stand/casual sex.

I know that I am one of the few people in the world with this kind of opinion and I don't force it on others, some of my friends have had one night stand ect and it doesn't bother me.
But for a relationship, if I found out a girl I liked was into casual sex, my feeling just disappear and I have no attraction towards them anymore, not sure why but it just happens.
I solidly believe that sex without emotional attachment is worthless and kinda degrading.

So when you say "As much as guys", as people above have said, it is a pointless question, everyone is different and gender means nothing. But for the sake of argument, I know more girls that have casual sex frequently than guys, and I mean way way more girls not just one or two.

same
Original post by Emily.97
What you mention there is a stereotype- but its impossible to generalise, because there are individual differences.

That not every individual conforms to a trend does not mean the trend doesn't exist. It's very possible to generalise: in general, women want sex less.
Oh how wonderful, another "girls are aliens and I know nothing about them" thread created by an OP with both social anxiety and low self-esteem in equal quantities. Must we have a thread like this every week?

For the Nth time girls are not as pure as your mummy told you. Get a grip.
Personally I don't but I'm sure many girls do.
Original post by NerdyMeg
i dont think so.

wait, im asexual.

so what do you get wet to? or what do you masturbate to?
Original post by Birkenhead
That not every individual conforms to a trend does not mean the trend doesn't exist. It's very possible to generalise: in general, women want sex less.

What are you basing that conclusion on?
Original post by Emily.97
What are you basing that conclusion on?

Do men really have stronger sex drives than women?

Well, yes, they do. Study after study shows that men's sex drives are not only stronger than women's [...]

http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/features/sex-drive-how-do-men-women-compare
Yes, maybe even more so. I've never had sex with some I was actually in a relationship with.

However, I do think it depends on the guy I think.
Some I will want to be with, as in a relationship.. and others I'd prefer a more 'causal' arrangement hahaha, it really depends on the individuals involved.
Original post by NerdyMeg
i dont think so.

wait, im asexual.

of course you are

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending