The Student Room Group

Should I contact him?

Anon or delete.

At uni I briefly had what I believe was a friendship with a couple of others. I thought I had broken into their social circle. We would go out, we had some shared interests, same level of intelligence...I don't do well in these situations and tbh it was the warmest I've felt in years to have someone I thought of as true friends, and it really helped me in every area of my life to feel wanted socially. The year ended and they moved out of uni accommodation. They sent me a text when they did saying a nice goodbye, and we haven't talked since. I miss them and the others, but I don't want to contact them asking to meet up if it is obvious that the friendship was superficial or is over now to you norms.

Should I ask to meet up or not? Terrifying situation.
Texting friends doesn't have to be terrifying XD

Friendships don't really just end so asking around to meet up wouldn't be a bad thing :tongue:

Reading your post I can't help but feel you're maybe interested in this "him" you speak about contacting? :wink:

If this is the case then I would definitely recommend getting back in touch :tongue: one of the worst things is just to be left hanging about things like this. It's far better to speak up than to never know :tongue:

If this is not the case then apologies for reading too much into the post :tongue: can't help myself when it comes to analysis sometimes.
Reply 2
Help!!
Original post by Anonymous
Anon or delete.

At uni I briefly had what I believe was a friendship with a couple of others. I thought I had broken into their social circle. We would go out, we had some shared interests, same level of intelligence...I don't do well in these situations and tbh it was the warmest I've felt in years to have someone I thought of as true friends, and it really helped me in every area of my life to feel wanted socially. The year ended and they moved out of uni accommodation. They sent me a text when they did saying a nice goodbye, and we haven't talked since. I miss them and the others, but I don't want to contact them asking to meet up if it is obvious that the friendship was superficial or is over now to you norms.

Should I ask to meet up or not? Terrifying situation.

I discovered recently that whenever I think "Should I" answer is yes. Do it - you've got nothing to lose. And who knows, they might be wondering the exact same thing and will be glad you contacted.
Reply 4
Original post by JackBlack
I discovered recently that whenever I think "Should I" answer is yes. Do it - you've got nothing to lose. And who knows, they might be wondering the exact same thing and will be glad you contacted.

Do you really think the answer is always yes to should I?? Thanks for your reply. I suppose this is true but at the same time I'm worried that they won't want to talk to me because frankly I'm quite boring and they are my social superiors.
Do you really think the answer is always yes to should I?? Thanks for your reply. I suppose this is true but at the same time I'm worried that they won't want to talk to me because frankly I'm quite boring and they are my social superiors.

Well as long as there's no chance of causing harm to yourself or others, then yes I do :smile:
Come on, have a little faith in yourself. On the rare chance you are rejected, at least you'll know where you stand and you won't be constantly thinking "what if."
Reply 6
Original post by JackBlack
Well as long as there's no chance of causing harm to yourself or others, then yes I do :smile:
Come on, have a little faith in yourself. On the rare chance you are rejected, at least you'll know where you stand and you won't be constantly thinking "what if."

I suppose I should try, but it creates so much anxiety in me. What should I say? I don't even like nightclubs, and they have more social options than me...what should I text them???
Reply 7
Anyone who's awake please advise!! Xx
Reply 8
Well, maybe you could just say "hi, it's been a while, how are you?" And wait for their response n take it from there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I suppose I should try, but it creates so much anxiety in me. What should I say? I don't even like nightclubs, and they have more social options than me...what should I text them???

I'd say something along the lines of " hey, havent seen you in a while. We should catch up sometime" then if they agree you could say "great how about coffee next week?" or whatever your preference is. food is always a good idea.
Reply 10
Contact them hun no is the worst thing they can say.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending