The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VannR
Speaking as a person who is half black, I will say that black people often have the tendency to have thicker thighs and larger buttocks. I know this because I have it myself :colondollar:. If I gain weight, I put it on in those places and a number of family members are the same way.

Being a man and all, it is actually really irritating to have this disposition since it is rather feminine. I make up for it by doing squats and leg extensions. If I'm going to have big legs they're gonna big for the right reasons, damn it! :biggrin:

EDIT: Just realised this is a necro-thread lol

Im black and I hold my weight in my bust so does much of my family.

There's nothing thick about my build its actually quite the opposite stick thin with big boobs.
Reply 81
Original post by Nickierose21
Im black and I hold my weight in my bust so does much of my family.

There's nothing thick about my build its actually quite the opposite stick thin with big boobs.

I said that black people 'often' have a 'tendency' to have thicker thighs and larger buttocks than people of other ethnic backgrounds. The fact that you do not does not go against anything that I have said.
Original post by orionmoo
MMmmmm they loooove Southern Fried Chicken (y)

High protein diet for the win.
Original post by VannR
I said that black people 'often' have a 'tendency' to have thicker thighs and larger buttocks than people of other ethnic backgrounds. The fact that you do not does not go against anything that I have said.

Yeah but most black women have narrower hips than white women and are more petit that's a stereotype.

Im the opposite of thick and most of my family is the same I notice this a lot and it's not out of the norm in my experience.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/s2048x2048/10857089_1519013035031751_5668039362589518646_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 84
Yeah but most black women have narrower hips than white women and are more petit that's a stereotype.

Im the opposite of thick and most of my family is the same I notice this a lot and it's not out of the norm in my experience.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/s2048x2048/10857089_1519013035031751_5668039362589518646_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

Yes; narrower hips, but thicker thighs. They also tend to have coarser hair. That's the norm in my experience, which is the only perspective I can speak from.

What do you want here?
(edited 9 years ago)

Just because you have narrow hips does not mean all black women do... lol
Most have wide hips.

Are you of west african descent?
Original post by xoflower
Just because you have narrow hips does not mean all black women do... lol
Most have wide hips.

Are you of west african descent?

No it's actually a known fact that white women's age woder hips and flatter butts than black women its not just me.i have a butt but small hips like most black women our butts jutt out but are not as wide as the average white woman's.

As you can see my butt is still very round compared to my waist just narrower like most black women's.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/10921640_1519127628353625_8343054456495293016_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

We have rounder butts white women have wider butts. On average that is
No it's actually a known fact that white women's age woder hips and flatter butts than black women its not just me.i have a butt but small hips like most black women our butts jutt out but are not as wide as the average white woman's.

As you can see my butt is still very round compared to my waist just narrower like most black women's.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/10921640_1519127628353625_8343054456495293016_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

We have rounder butts white women have wider butts. On average that is

Are you of west african descent ?

And fair enough, I'm nigerian and I have noticed we have wide hips and round bums

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Is it in their genes? Someone on TSR said, thick thighs tend to be in black people's genes and no matter what you do you'll never get thin thighs. I'm just curious?

ladies from Somalia and Kenya have slender thighs.
Original post by the bear
ladies from Somalia and Kenya have slender thighs.

I think this person is talking about west Africans who are seen as the default black person. Most of us have thick thighs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you of west african descent ?

And fair enough, I'm nigerian and I have noticed we have wide hips and round bums

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nigerian isn't truly west african you tend to be mixed and North Africans and East Africans like Ethiopians etc have very wide hips.

West Africans usually are narrow. A good example is serena Williams. It's admixture with Arabs and other caucasian groups that give Africans wider hips this is why our newborns are normally smaller and also african Americans are a good example of west Africans the ones that are more fully african descent tend to have the typically shape round butt narrow hips like serena Williams. The more mixed african Americans like halle berry or alicia keys beyonce and rihanna have wider hips and less projecting butts.its all about where your family comes from and also many more mixed black Americans will get both big butt and big hips. But if your heritage is generally from west african you're likely to gain on the butt instead of the hips. While caucasian women tend to gain on the hips instead of the butt.
Original post by 9MmBulletz
they have smaller tits though :yep:

No they don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by VannR
Yes; narrower hips, but thicker thighs. They also tend to have coarser hair. That's the norm in my experience, which is the only perspective I can speak from.

What do you want here?

I think the thighs aren't necessarily thicker. They just have less space. If you have wider set hip bones the thighs look thinner that's why thigh gaps are more prominent in white women. My thighs are 16" around yet I hardly have a thigh gap because my hip bones aren't very wide and so it gives a thicker look but the thighs are usually much smaller in comparison to the butt which to me is a tell tale sign to see if someone has become bigger thighs or not.
Original post by Ladymusiclover
No they don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always thought we had bigger boobs. I always see black women with like Boulder type boobs on their chest lol

i always feel really small in comparison.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Bishamon
both those girls look disgusting

You a homosexual?
Nigerian isn't truly west african you tend to be mixed and North Africans and East Africans like Ethiopians etc have very wide hips.

West Africans usually are narrow. A good example is serena Williams. It's admixture with Arabs and other caucasian groups that give Africans wider hips this is why our newborns are normally smaller and also african Americans are a good example of west Africans the ones that are more fully african descent tend to have the typically shape round butt narrow hips like serena Williams. The more mixed african Americans like halle berry or alicia keys beyonce and rihanna have wider hips and less projecting butts.its all about where your family comes from and also many more mixed black Americans will get both big butt and big hips. But if your heritage is generally from west african you're likely to gain on the butt instead of the hips. While caucasian women tend to gain on the hips instead of the butt.

That's interesting, I get what you mean. Especially about the thigh gaps that white women have as they have wide hips.

I'm just wondering what country you are from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where are you getting this bull**** from?
Original post by Rogerio134
They like fried chicken?

No need for stupid comments.
That's interesting, I get what you mean. Especially about the thigh gaps that white women have as they have wide hips.

I'm just wondering what country you are from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm american my mom's family is from Ghana.

What do you mean "most Black women have narrower hips than white Woman"? You haven't seen every single Black female have you? Secondly, even if you did attempt to recall all your past experiences how do you factor in confirmation bias?

To put it simply son, you aint got a ****ing clue.

Latest

Trending

Trending