The Student Room Group

Is it possible to fall in love in a day?

:heart:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think I just did channies <3 :colondollar:
Of course.

However love only deepens with time.
Time makes the heart grow fonder :smile:
I don't think so. Lust can happen in a day. To love someone, and I mean to really love someone you have to know them very well - their flaws and imperfections as well their traits that make you love them. A day is not enough to do that.
cats don't count
Nope I don't think it is. However, lots of girls, especially early teens, girls who attended all girls schools and ethnic minorities often believe in this concept of love at first sight, mainly due to a lack of attention boys have previously shown them. I am not saying the op is in this position though before people jump on me, I know she is just asking a question XD
Romeo and Juliet.
Original post by neal95
Nope I don't think it is. However, lots of girls, especially early teens, girls who attended all girls schools and ethnic minorities often believe in this concept of love at first sight, mainly due to a lack of attention boys have previously shown them. I am not saying the op is in this position though before people jump on me, I know she is just asking a question XD

How does lack of attention from guys result in a person believing in love at first sight?
Original post by Biryani007
How does lack of attention from guys result in a person believing in love at first sight?

well because the girl may be slightly naive and not experienced in general dating (minorities) and desperate to cling onto the first person who they believe is showing them attention. This desire then manifests itself into a feeling of "love", and obsession. Watched eastenders recently? Shabnam is case In point
Reply 9
Infatuation I think is possible.
Reply 10
Original post by futbol
I think I just did channies <3 :colondollar:

No one can resist da beauty of a cat :colone:
Original post by neal95
well because the girl may be slightly naive and not experienced in general dating (minorities) and desperate to cling onto the first person who they believe is showing them attention. This desire then manifests itself into a feeling of "love", and obsession. Watched eastenders recently? Shabnam is case In point

Lol I dont watch eastenders...
But being aware of what she's doing and therefore knowingly trying to keep hold of the guy (if that's what you're saying) doesn't show she believes in love at first sight but rather she believes she may not get attention from another guy.
Original post by neal95

I attended an all girls school and I am an ethnic minority, yet I don't believe in love at first sight. I don't know how you came to this conclusion? :confused:

And to answer OP's question, no I don't think you can. You need to fully know the person to love them, which you cannot do one day.
Original post by Biryani007
Lol I dont watch eastenders...But being aware of what she's doing and therefore knowingly trying to keep hold of the guy (if that's what you're saying) doesn't show she believes in love at first sight but rather she believes she may not get attention from another guy.
Original post by drowzee
I attended an all girls school and I am an ethnic minority, yet I don't believe in love at first sight. I don't know how you came to this conclusion? :confused:And to answer OP's question, no I don't think you can. You need to fully know the person to love them, which you cannot do one day.

fair enogh like like I say I'm sure this dosent apply to everyone or even most but from what I have seen and experienced it seems to be the case amongst those groups I listed. But I also agree it dosent mean she believes at love at first sight in accordance with the first poster who quoted me now
I'm not sure, it's possible. I fell in love with a girl on the first day that I met her, I fell in love with her on sight. But we had already been exchanging messages for about a week or two, we felt like we knew each other very well before we had even met. So...I'd say it's entirely possible, yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't say so because to me, to truly love someone, you have to know their character well and all their flaws and you don't get to know someone that well in one day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Juicy J
I'm not sure, it's possible. I fell in love with a girl on the first day that I met her, I fell in love with her on sight. But we had already been exchanging messages for about a week or two, we felt like we knew each other very well before we had even met. So...I'd say it's entirely possible, yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Love at first sight? I can't imagine what that would be like. Fairytales must exist :biggrin:
Original post by channies
Love at first sight? I can't imagine what that would be like. Fairytales must exist :biggrin:

It's true. I fell in love with her on the first time we met, this was eight months ago and I still love her. It's not a fairytale :smile: it's real.
This is not the movie frozen....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending