The Student Room Group

Proving my parent is single in Student Finance Form Help?

Okay, so they need a Decree Nisi or a Letter from a solicitor, in which I have neither.

I called them up and they said I would need a council tax bill showing a 25% discount. So I got the two of them right now, one is for this year (2015/16) which does not show the discount as I am 18. I also have one for the year 2014/15 which shows the 25% discount. Is it possible that I give them the 2014/15 one? I find this BS as a lot of students would have turned 18 when doing this form..
Are you still in full-time education? If so, you're exempt from council tax.
Reply 2
Original post by SmallTownGirl
Are you still in full-time education? If so, you're exempt from council tax.

I am. I don't know but the recent one does not have the discount, nothing has changed.
Original post by iLastKinq
Okay, so they need a Decree Nisi or a Letter from a solicitor, in which I have neither.

I called them up and they said I would need a council tax bill showing a 25% discount. So I got the two of them right now, one is for this year (2015/16) which does not show the discount as I am 18. I also have one for the year 2014/15 which shows the 25% discount. Is it possible that I give them the 2014/15 one? I find this BS as a lot of students would have turned 18 when doing this form..

You don't automatically lose the discount when you turn 18, its when you leave full time education.
Reply 4
Original post by jelly1000
You don't automatically lose the discount when you turn 18, its when you leave full time education.

I have no idea because I am still in full time education ?
I have no idea because I am still in full time education ?

do you have any siblings who left full time education in the last year?
Reply 6

You could always get your parent to request their decree nici from the courts. My daddy had to do that.
Reply 7
Original post by jelly1000
do you have any siblings who left full time education in the last year?

No, I just have a younger sister who goes Primary School. I am in my A2 year of college. Can't I just send them the 2014/15 council tax bill?

Original post by CescaD96
You could always get your parent to request their decree nici from the courts. My daddy had to do that.

My mother has never been married :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending