The Student Room Group

Where do you study - home or uni library?

Just interested to know where people study in the midst of the exam period?

Uni Library spot fill up by 8/9 and I live 45 mins or so anyway.. Find it hard to work at home - would make life much easier!

Scroll to see replies

Home because people show up to the library at like 6am to reserve seats by leaving their textbooks and notebooks scattered on tables like Germans reserving deck chairs with towels at a holiday resort.
Original post by liarpoker
Just interested to know where people study in the midst of the exam period?

Uni Library spot fill up by 8/9 and I live 45 mins or so anyway.. Find it hard to work at home - would make life much easier!

In first year I revised at my student accommodation a lot. Now, I'm in the library a lot more (often because the atmosphere is nicer) but you can bounce ideas of each other, focus attention on key issues, and just generally help each other out.
Uni lib always full
Home because I commute and can't be bothered to travel all the way to uni just for the library. Also, it'll cost a lot in travel when I can just revise at home.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Home.

It's nice and quiet in my study and I can wear my pyjamas. :biggrin:
Original post by Psyc_Girl
Home because I commute and can't be bothered to travel all the way to uni just for the library. Also, it'll cost a lot in travel when I can just revise at home. Posted from TSR Mobile

This
Reply 7
uni library- I only live ten minutes away. I find it so much easier to focus there :smile:
Home, because my uni library is also a public library. It's a lovely library, but you don't half get some ********s in there!

home is miles better
Do many university students study in the public library?
Do not understand why anyone would want to go to the library, apart from meeting up with friends for group work. Studying in my bedroom is far more relaxing, have my own desk, it's quiet, got my own computer which I don't have to carry with me to the library, can sit in my boxer shorts without anyone caring and I CAN EAT IN MY ROOM.
Original post by aliman65
Do not understand why anyone would want to go to the library, apart from meeting up with friends for group work. Studying in my bedroom is far more relaxing, have my own desk, it's quiet, got my own computer which I don't have to carry with me to the library, can sit in my boxer shorts without anyone caring and I CAN EAT IN MY ROOM.

100 times this!
Reply 13

I always have an urge to take naps/ breaks when revising in my room so the library is better for me

I live with other people so it's quite distracting :frown:

Also, in the library, usually (apart from super annoying loud obnoxious people) it is quiet and there is a 'study atmosphere' all around which really helps me!
Library - home is too distracting. I end up getting too comfy and watching a bit of netflix
Home, like you I had to commute. By the time I got there all of the seats were taken
Reply 17
How do you guys manage to stay disciplined when studying at home?/any signs of cabin fever?

Mind it far easier to get up at 7 to go to the library than to get up at 8/9 to revise in my room/along with the distractions..
I currently do both.

In the daytime I study in the uni study areas, although it gets very difficult to find any seats between 11~3, since my halls are 20 mins from the campus.

Otherwise when I'm home I literally always stay there to study. Most of my study material is there and I can spread my work around far more (eg on the bed) than at the uni desks. Admittedly I get distracted easier at home, so I split the work into hour chunks, which feels much better than block hours to me.
(edited 8 years ago)
I study at the uni library. I often get too distracted while at home, and I'm usually quite bad for cabin fever. When I'm at the uni library, I'm more focused on work - I managed to make a breakthrough on an assignment in one our in the library, compared to two weeks at home.

I live a 45 minute walk away from the university, and I have back problems, which means I can't carry stacks of books all the time. So the library is so much more convenient for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending