The Student Room Group

I broke up with my boyfriend today and he offended me

#awks
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

you broke up. who cares? (except you obviously)
well, at least its all over and done with for you, you can get on with life. His loss :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by fizzymelonade
So I planned to break up with him today and I did it after about 10mins of meeting him at his house. But, he didn't really seem to care and I was incredibly blunt about it and I feel like my ego has been bruised a bit, like am I that insignificant to him?

Anyway this just makes me 10 times more certain that it was the right idea...:biggrin:

Another awkward thing that happened was that on my way home I saw his brother and he smiled at me #awks

In other breaking news: Man lands on moon!!
Original post by fizzymelonade
So I planned to break up with him today and I did it after about 10mins of meeting him at his house. But, he didn't really seem to care and I was incredibly blunt about it and I feel like my ego has been bruised a bit, like am I that insignificant to him?

Anyway this just makes me 10 times more certain that it was the right idea...:biggrin:

Another awkward thing that happened was that on my way home I saw his brother and he smiled at me #awks

Well he probably jus didnt want to cry infront of u

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
So you broke up with him, then got offended when he didn't break down and cry? What is wrong with you...
His ego may not be damaged but your ego needs to be
Original post by Arkasia
So you broke up with him, then got offended when he didn't break down and cry? What is wrong with you...

Erm, there's nothing wrong with her. Doesn't matter that she decided to break up with him, she was clearly surprised that he's not that into her... it seems. Hardly anything wrong with her, normal reaction really
Souds like u were breaking it off for da wrong reasons mate
Reply 9
Original post by SuckMeBeautiful
Erm, there's nothing wrong with her. Doesn't matter that she decided to break up with him, she was clearly surprised that he's not that into her... it seems. Hardly anything wrong with her, normal reaction really

Clearly she doesn't care much for him due to breaking up with him, and it's a bit odd that she said 'he offended me' as if he did something wrong or insulted her...maybe he was angry, felt betrayed, saddened, but didn't want to show it or give her the satisfaction of showing she got to him?
Original post by Arkasia
Clearly she doesn't care much for him due to breaking up with him, and it's a bit odd that she said 'he offended me' as if he did something wrong or insulted her...maybe he was angry, felt betrayed, saddened, but didn't want to show it or give her the satisfaction of showing she got to him?

What do you mean? I agree he actually might not have wanted to show her how he really feels as to not give her the satisfaction but we actually don't know what led OP to breaking up with him. Maybe he really did say something awful before and it clearly has hurt OP hence she made a thread about it - so the other probability is he didn't care much about the relationship anyways.
What do you mean? I agree he actually might not have wanted to show her how he really feels as to not give her the satisfaction but we actually don't know what led OP to breaking up with him. Maybe he really did say something awful before and it clearly has hurt OP hence she made a thread about it - so the other probability is he didn't care much about the relationship anyways.

Let's not go into hypotheticals, because then I could say "how do we know OP didn't cheat on him with his pet hamster?". All we know is that OP broke up with him, he didn't break down or show any massive reaction, and OP felt offended. I personally believe that is a strange reaction from someone, especially after breaking up with that person. It just sounds like OP has a massive ego, but that's just my interpretation.
Reply 12

I love how everybody is making assumptions without knowing the full story.

End of the day all she needs to know is some people like to hide their emotion and feelings. Maybe he genuinely didn't care but how would we know if we don't know the full story?
Original post by D.MCK
I love how everybody is making assumptions without knowing the full story.

End of the day all she needs to know is some people like to hide their emotion and feelings. Maybe he genuinely didn't care but how would we know if we don't know the full story?

Why are you asking me? That was my point
Original post by Arkasia
Let's not go into hypotheticals, because then I could say "how do we know OP didn't cheat on him with his pet hamster?". All we know is that OP broke up with him, he didn't break down or show any massive reaction, and OP felt offended. I personally believe that is a strange reaction from someone, especially after breaking up with that person. It just sounds like OP has a massive ego, but that's just my interpretation.

And I am telling you it's not a strange reaction. Should I repeat myself again or will you bother to read? You actually said how he probs was saddened etc but didn't want to show it; so do what you preach. I am saying MOST normal people even if they are the ones initiating a break up will be shocked to see their partner not giving a **** about it. Hardly anything strange.
Reply 15
Why are you asking me? That was my point

Was a rhetorical question.

what on earth are you on about, he essentially loled in her face and as she clearly stated in the op she was on an ego power trip and poor little girl felt hurt, she is wrong in the head.
Original post by Anonymous
what on earth are you on about, he essentially loled in her face and as she clearly stated in the op she was on an ego power trip and poor little girl felt hurt, she is wrong in the head.

What's so complicated about what I said?
I'm not saying she is right but I also don't know what led to the break-up. All I'm saying if someone breaks up with someone they'd be surprised not to get a reaction from that person.

Doesn't it seem cruel to you to break up with someone and then want them to be hurt, to be annoyed when they aren't. It's called schadenfreude, taking pleasure in other people's pain.
Reply 19
lol ****ing kids these days

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending