The Student Room Group

What is the best way to tell a girl that you love her?

I have tried writing letters in the past. It doesn't really work.

Do you just come out and say it?

Email ? Text ? Phone Call ?

WhatsApp? Facebook? (so you know she's read it)

This is the jist of what I want to say.

It is not everyday that you meet a girl that shares your point of view about everything in the world, a girl who you can trust, confide in and depend on time and time again and a girl that every time you're with them you just have no idea what to say or where to look. A special girl. I didn't want to let that special girl just become one of the billions of people on this earth again, without letting her know how I felt about her. ....
I LOVE YOU!!!! :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

So do you live her or are you in love with her.
Original post by G8D
What's your connection to the girl?

We're close friends
"I love you"
Original post by Adipoptosis
We're close friends

That literally made me LOL, you are going to tell a girl that you're only "close friends" with that you love her, that's social suicide.

Normally love involves being in a relationship, at best it's best to wait for the girl to ask you if you love her, don't just blurt out that you love her, she'll get freaked out, she probably doesn't think of you in that way.

Don't do it.
Reply 5
You're back lol welcome back.

+ Don't. Women have windows of attraction no matter what they say.
If you haven't acted in that window of "Am I attracted to this guy, let me find out more about him" and now she's found out about you and has chosen to go down the friendship route (loves you like a brother) you're pretty stuck.

Sorry.

Real talk.
Original post by iAmanze
You're back lol welcome back.

+ Don't. Women have windows of attraction no matter what they say.
If you haven't acted in that window of "Am I attracted to this guy, let me find out more about him" and now she's found out about you and has chosen to go down the friendship route (loves you like a brother) you're pretty stuck.

Sorry.

Real talk.

Hey - thanks, glad to be back :biggrin:

She doesn't love me like a brother lol

But you are right, just telling her I love her is not a good idea.
Original post by GeorgeTownsend
That literally made me LOL, you are going to tell a girl that you're only "close friends" with that you love her, that's social suicide.

Normally love involves being in a relationship, at best it's best to wait for the girl to ask you if you love her, don't just blurt out that you love her, she'll get freaked out, she probably doesn't think of you in that way.

Don't do it.

So what should I do to get across my message?
In person.
Buy her diamonds :teeth:

REAL ones :colonhash:
Original post by Adipoptosis
So what should I do to get across my message?

Simple ask her out, tell her that you would like to take your friendship one step further, see how she replies if she accepts then you have yourself a girlfriend if she rejects you then at least you know that you tried.

But don't just jump the gun that will scare her away!
99% Sure Adipoptosis is a 13 year old girl stuck in a mans body.
ewww 'love' blergh :puke:
Take her out, then at the end of the night, stand in front of her, hold her hands, look into her eyes, tell her how beautiful she is, then tell her

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't. Just... don't.
How about 'I love you'?

Though I suspect, somewhat, that you're confusing infatuation from a distance with love.

Original post by Maid Marian
Don't. Just... don't.

How very pessimistic :pierre:
Original post by Friar Chris
How about 'I love you'?

Though I suspect, somewhat, that you're confusing infatuation from a distance with love.

How very pessimistic :pierre:

Go away, just go away, you've upset me enough for one night, thanks:frown:
Yeah if you're not in a relationship dont say you love her! you might not even love her tbh its not that easy to tell. professions of love should be reserved for people who are very significant in your life. coming of age movies and book always play the narrative of girl and guy best friend who secretely love eachother and then tell eachother and it all ends happily ever after but in real life thats not how its gonna go down. she might find it a bit weird.

Anyway, tell her you like her and ask her out might be a good place to start. If she says no then atleast youve preserved your friendship as opposed to ruining it because she thinks you were a bit too forward and a lil bit weird
Original post by Maid Marian
Go away, just go away, you've upset me enough for one night, thanks:frown:

You have no right to be upset. Don't spoil other people's love because your own is unrealistic.

Latest

Trending

Trending