The Student Room Group

I hate when people burden me with their personal thoughts and problems?

Like when they feel the need to share too much information or get too close emotionally or like they are trying to force connections when we aren't close - it just feels annoying and exhausting. I put on a friendly face though because I don't want to be rude or make them feel bad but predictably it just encourages them more :s-smilie: Sometimes I feel like Im a magnet for this sort of thing; I prefer to keep things light and not too serious most of the time.

Any ideas on how to deal with this, preferably from people who have actually dealt with this type of issue before?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Like when they feel the need to share too much information or get too close emotionally or like they are trying to force connections when we aren't close - it just feels annoying and exhausting. I put on a friendly face though because I don't want to be rude or make them feel bad but predictably it just encourages them more :s-smilie: Sometimes I feel like Im a magnet for this sort of thing; I prefer to keep things light and not too serious most of the time.

Any ideas on how to deal with this, preferably from people who have actually dealt with this type of issue before?

I feel your pain. People seem to open up to me and it's exhausting carrying their mental baggage when I have my own to carry.
I don't really know how to deal with it; I sort of just live with it :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending