The Student Room Group

Muslims - Would you marry early?

Scroll to see replies

I cant believe some people want to get married because of hormones.
In earlier times where protection did not exist, people only had sex to reproduce.
We live in such a hypersexualized world!
Original post by BrokenLife

i thought you left TSR? :rofl:
Original post by DAH F !
I love children below the age of 5.
When they are 5 or above
My life is gonna be

Omg same. My siblings tells me I'm going to be a very 'zalim' mother :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
i thought you left TSR? :rofl:

I would have told you the whole story if only you didn't posted anonymously. :biggrin:
Omg same. My siblings tells me I'm going to be a very 'zalim' mother :frown:

You are gonna be good mother. Inshallah !
Are you getting married? Or are you married?
Omg I'd like to meet your parents. They seem so chilled haha :smile: Not going to say my parents are one of the oppressing ones but not as liberal as yours. I mean I don't wear a hijab and they are cool with it. However, if I ever dated someone and they found out, it won't be pleasant situation lol.

Haha

Well, they've both been raised in this country (for the most part), so I guess that's why they're like that. They value freedom A LOT, and see stuff like dating to be completely normal. You can talk to them about anything and everything :h:

I know a few people who have strict parents. Whenever I go to any one of their houses, it always feels like everything's very controlled. I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable living under those restrictions :s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 126
Original post by anonymous-97
i disagree with the perception of dating , so i thinking marrying early is better:smile:

Yeah i dont support it either, early marriage is the way
Original post by DAH F !
You are gonna be good mother. Inshallah !
Are you getting married? Or are you married?

I really hope so! :frown:

Not yet married. Will be after 2 years.
Original post by Hajar4eva
how is zina not a big deal? Its one of the major sins. كبائر

Tbh I don't see why it is.
Reply 129
Original post by shazy2014
Yes, that makes sense! So you know the girl, was she not willing to marry you at all? or did she say she would later? What's the point of a temporary thing, that's in my opinion stupid.
And about the house, did you decide that on your first date? And can I ask how old are you

We were good friends and we kind of slipped into it im 18 and a half now, and yes its just thoughts u get at random was my first date and will be my last.

And nope she didnt want to get married at all i found out later she moved on quickly but yeah thats life i guess. Religious woman and marriage is the best way forward for me.
i actually don't want to get married- cos too many damn responsibilities, but securing a good paying job is a must..
Reply 131
i want to be married by 26:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I need to get my self a decent job and be financially secure before I consider getting married. That's my stance.
Original post by hayderm
We were good friends and we kind of slipped into it im 18 and a half now, and yes its just thoughts u get at random was my first date and will be my last.

And nope she didnt want to get married at all i found out later she moved on quickly but yeah thats life i guess. Religious woman and marriage is the best way forward for me.

Yep - should I tell you what I would do? If I found someone I liked, not through dating, but just general knowing. I'd either tell him to speak to my parents, or I would tell him if he would like to get engaged. If he wouldn't then I wouldn't bother with him anymore.
I really hope so! :frown:

Not yet married. Will be after 2 years.

Are you having an arranged marriage or just normal if you don't mind me asking.
Original post by Indeterminate
Haha

Well, they've both been raised in this country (for the most part), so I guess that's why they're like that. They value freedom A LOT, and see stuff like dating to be completely normal. You can talk to them about anything and everything :h:

I know a few people who have strict parents. Whenever I go to any one of their houses, it always feels like everything's very controlled. I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable living under those restrictions :s-smilie:

Ahh I see. That's why your parents are cool with dating etc. Tbh my parents aren't extremely controlling but only when it comes to dating. Personally speaking, I've never really been interested in dating etc knowing my parents wouldn't allow me anyway haha.
Original post by DAH F !
I cant believe some people want to get married because of hormones.
In earlier times where protection did not exist, people only had sex to reproduce.
We live in such a hypersexualized world!

if it prevents u from committing zinna - then it can be a good thing i guess
Original post by Hajar4eva
Are you having an arranged marriage or just normal if you don't mind me asking.

I'm actually engaged and it was an arranged one. Made a thread about it too lol. Tbh I'm extremely shy in real life when it comes to men so I couldn't see myself getting involved into a love marriage anyway.
Reply 138
For me personally I wouldn't mind marrying at an early age, even at my age (I'm 17)..I don't see anything wrong with that and I actually think the earlier that you marry or even get engaged the better for many reasons including protecting yourself from zina of course as the Holy Prophet (SAW) states: 'O youths, whosoever among you can marry, he should do so because marriage protects your eyes (from indulging in sin by looking lustfully at others in privacy.' but also because getting married young brings much more responsibility and maturity at a much younger age. But what I think is a lot of guys wouldn't mind marrying early and they would actually prefer to but whenever they hear the word 'marriage' they instantly think that they need to instantly buy a house, move in, have kids, buy a car and take up every burden of responsibility that there is right away..so after that most guys are put off and would rather wait till their late 20's or even early 30's. What I like to think is the prophet (SAW) said ' The most blessed marriage (nikah) is the one with the least expenses'.
I'm actually engaged and it was an arranged one. Made a thread about it too lol. Tbh I'm extremely shy in real life when it comes to men so I couldn't see myself getting involved into a love marriage anyway.

Hope you have a happy marriage in shaa allah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending