The Student Room Group

A guy keeps texting me, but I don't like him

A couple of days ago a guy asked for my number through FB. I don't really know this guy but we have spoken before, but let's put it that when he texted me I didn't know who it was until I saw his profile picture. But I gave him my number because I thought it wouldn't really matter. But he keeps texting me and sometimes his texts have an x at the end and I know this doesn't mean he is into me but it's confusing. I don't like him and it's getting quite annoying, and I don't want him to ask me out. How do I get this guy to leave me alone without asking him if he's into me? He might just be trying to be friendly I know, but I don't want that to develop into anything. I hardly know this guy!
Reply 1
Be friendly with the guy but if he tries to push things just tell him where he stands - don't overthink things just chill! :smile:
Just chat to him in a friendly way and if he asks you out, politely say you are not interested in him in that way.
send him this pic

Original post by DannyDualscar
send him this pic

That made me laugh more than it should have :lol:

OP just as above said, continue to be friendly and keep all talk platonic. Maybe casually drop in the word 'friend' when you refer to him if that's possible. You don't know if he's interested in you so it's better not to over-think it. If he asks you out, decline nicely :smile:
Reply 5
Don't string him along, if you have no interest in talking to him just tell him that. Let the guy know where he stands
Original post by iSerendipity
That made me laugh more than it should have :lol:

OP just as above said, continue to be friendly and keep all talk platonic. Maybe casually drop in the word 'friend' when you refer to him if that's possible. You don't know if he's interested in you so it's better not to over-think it. If he asks you out, decline nicely :smile:

yeah agreed, something i personally like to do is casually drop in the fact i have a boyfriend. of course, you could change this to lying a little with "someone im interested in"

if he asks you what youre doing on a certain day, say "i met a guy i'm interested in, we're going to go on a date"

if he asks how it went after "i'm unsure. i'm going to think about it. sorry, i need to get my feelings in check, so i don't feel like talking about it"

hope this helps :smile:
Reply 7
just ignore him. he will get the message
Original post by kyliep36
A couple of days ago a guy asked for my number through FB. I don't really know this guy but we have spoken before, but let's put it that when he texted me I didn't know who it was until I saw his profile picture. But I gave him my number because I thought it wouldn't really matter. But he keeps texting me and sometimes his texts have an x at the end and I know this doesn't mean he is into me but it's confusing. I don't like him and it's getting quite annoying, and I don't want him to ask me out. How do I get this guy to leave me alone without asking him if he's into me? He might just be trying to be friendly I know, but I don't want that to develop into anything. I hardly know this guy!

you should be honest to him
call him brother
Original post by freedom
just ignore him. he will get the message

Or not. Ha!
Reply 10
Just avoid. Don't even reply. Don't block. Just pretend he's not there. Harsh but time is costly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Thanks for all the replies! He asked me if I was into him, so I told him that I was interested in someone else. I guess the problem sorted itself out :smile: I did like the photo @DannyDualscar I might use it in the future :biggrin:
Thanks for all the replies! He asked me if I was into him, so I told him that I was interested in someone else. I guess the problem sorted itself out :smile: I did like the photo @DannyDualscar I might use it in the future :biggrin:

haha im glad it got sorted out!!
Reply 13
He will stop if you utilize the "K." technique correctly.
Reply 14

Same thing is happening with me, just dont reply or be more blunt than usual. :smile:
Reply 15
Giving your number is mild encouragement. Not replying to his texts may help. Otherwise you will have to tell him you're not up for it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Sweetie, if there’s an x at the end, example belowHey this is _____ I like you a lot XThen he’s in trouble and he needs help.
You should go on a date with him, never know you might end up liking him if you gave the guy a chance and got to know him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending