The Student Room Group

Additional further maths outside of sixth form

I am taking maths and furher maths at a level, but my sixth form does not offer additional further maths, which I was looking to do as an extra a level. Is there anyway I can do it outside of sixth forn, and if so, is it worth taking and how mich extra work is required?
My sixth form didn't offer further maths too. But they signed me up to the further maths support programme and I had lessons though that with the sixth form paying for it and my entry. Maybe ask about it?

Here's the website:

http://www.furthermaths.org.uk
Reply 2
Original post by Hedgehogkilla
My sixth form didn't offer further maths too. But they signed me up to the further maths support programme and I had lessons though that with the sixth form paying for it and my entry. Maybe ask about it?

Here's the website:

http://www.furthermaths.org.uk

Thanks, do you know if they offer addition further maths or just further maths?
Original post by ayy_lmao7
Thanks, do you know if they offer addition further maths or just further maths?

No idea. I just did further maths.
Reply 4
Original post by Hedgehogkilla
No idea. I just did further maths.

Fair enough, thanks anyway
Original post by ayy_lmao7
I am taking maths and furher maths at a level, but my sixth form does not offer additional further maths, which I was looking to do as an extra a level. Is there anyway I can do it outside of sixth forn, and if so, is it worth taking and how mich extra work is required?

The only people I know who have taken additional further maths did it as self study, teaching themselves from the textbooks with little or no teaching support.
None of them have needed to do it, they have done it because of their enjoyment of learning maths.
Only you can asses if it's "worth it".
It's a full 6 unit A level, the extra effort required will be similar to effort needed for further maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending