The Student Room Group

Applying (Reapplying?) to Uni after completing A2's

Hi,
I made the decision to take a year out half way through A2's as I wasn't ready for Uni and also wasn't 100% sure about my course.

I am now starting my 'Year out' although it isn't really as I'm now studying philosophy AS and A2, as well as economics AS at a new sixth form, whilst doing a lot of work experience for my local MP.

I'm wondering whether I will be at an advantage or disadvantage having my solid A2 results as well as continuing to study.
I am hoping to apply for Law/ Law and politics at Cardiff and Exeter, although I'm unsure of where else to apply? I would be really grateful for suggestions.

My current results are
1A* 7As and 3Bs at GCSE
A2
A in French
A in English Literature
B in Geography
A* in EPQ (which is about contextual bias in Law)

I have no idea what I'm going to be predicted for my current subjects although I am hoping for at least B's in both

Hope you guys can help as I can't find much relevant information anywhere so opinions/experiences would be great! Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Remarker
Hi,
I made the decision to take a year out half way through A2's as I wasn't ready for Uni and also wasn't 100% sure about my course.

I am now starting my 'Year out' although it isn't really as I'm now studying philosophy AS and A2, as well as economics AS at a new sixth form, whilst doing a lot of work experience for my local MP.

I'm wondering whether I will be at an advantage or disadvantage having my solid A2 results as well as continuing to study.
I am hoping to apply for Law/ Law and politics at Cardiff and Exeter, although I'm unsure of where else to apply? I would be really grateful for suggestions.

My current results are
1A* 7As and 3Bs at GCSE
A2
A in French
A in English Literature
B in Geography
A* in EPQ (which is about contextual bias in Law)

I have no idea what I'm going to be predicted for my current subjects although I am hoping for at least B's in both

Hope you guys can help as I can't find much relevant information anywhere so opinions/experiences would be great! Thanks :smile:

You need to check with the unis you're applying to. Some might take your existing grades and give you an unconditional offer, whilst others might make it conditional on your future exams. It's up to you which you prefer - you might want to make it easier to get it, or you might want the challenge to inspire you to study and do well. So it won't really be an advantage or disadvantage.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending