The Student Room Group

Is she a gold digger, should I stay clear? Please help

Hello everyone. I'm on study abroad in Canada and there's this girl that I really like. We've only known eachother for about 2 weeks.

She kept asking me out with her friends to do stuff, which I originally thought was great. She seemed quite interested in me - for example when I said I wasn't going to come out one night she sent her friend round my room to bully me into going. Other instances include when we were at a restaurant and her and her friend swapped seats without any discussion so that she could sit in front of me and talk. Other instances include how she talks about sex in front of me etc.

However, yesterday when I was with her friends something came up. She's going on a date with another guy!! I spoke to her about it and she said he's a creep and that she's gonna spend the date "dodging bullets" (i.e. trying to avoid kissing him). Her friends then gave her advice on how to do that. I asked her then why she was going and she said because it'd be free food/cinema tickets. She said he asked and she's just gonna go, and that she wasn't pushing it.

Her friends all said that girls do this, and supposedly YikYak agrees? :s But anyway, I find it uncomfortable that she'd so blatently wasting a guy's time and gonna use him for his money. Should I avoid this girl? I like her and I think that she likes me, although I don't want to be used.

I was thinking of going clubbing with her and if she kisses me, then I may ask her on a date. Although only until I've got something from her would I ask her, since I don't want to be used.

What do you guys think? I honestly thought she was a nice, quiet girl. Although my perception of her has changed slightly. All advice welcome :smile:
Yes mate. Run for the hills!
Get out whilst you still can.
If she can do that to another guy, she can do it to you in the future too.
Personally, I would say avoid this girl because she might do the same to you. But if you want to get to know her, I would be weary of her.
Original post by Anonymous
Personally, I would say avoid this girl because she might do the same to you. But if you want to get to know her, I would be weary of her.

Original post by Anonymous
Yes mate. Run for the hills!
Get out whilst you still can.
If she can do that to another guy, she can do it to you in the future too.

Sad times...
Reply 4
dick move... definitely leave it.
Reply 5
Original post by james.proctor
Hello everyone. I'm on study abroad in Canada and there's this girl that I really like. We've only known eachother for about 2 weeks.

She kept asking me out with her friends to do stuff, which I originally thought was great. She seemed quite interested in me - for example when I said I wasn't going to come out one night she sent her friend round my room to bully me into going. Other instances include when we were at a restaurant and her and her friend swapped seats without any discussion so that she could sit in front of me and talk. Other instances include how she talks about sex in front of me etc.

However, yesterday when I was with her friends something came up. She's going on a date with another guy!! I spoke to her about it and she said he's a creep and that she's gonna spend the date "dodging bullets" (i.e. trying to avoid kissing him). Her friends then gave her advice on how to do that. I asked her then why she was going and she said because it'd be free food/cinema tickets. She said he asked and she's just gonna go, and that she wasn't pushing it.

Her friends all said that girls do this, and supposedly YikYak agrees? :s But anyway, I find it uncomfortable that she'd so blatently wasting a guy's time and gonna use him for his money. Should I avoid this girl? I like her and I think that she likes me, although I don't want to be used.

I was thinking of going clubbing with her and if she kisses me, then I may ask her on a date. Although only until I've got something from her would I ask her, since I don't want to be used.

What do you guys think? I honestly thought she was a nice, quiet girl. Although my perception of her has changed slightly. All advice welcome :smile:

Girls do do this, but the fact that she was open about it to you is a good sign...it suggests she's not going to try it on you.

Anyhow, situations like this are why the first 2/3 dates should never be anything more expensive than a drink/coffee/lunch somewhere cheapish, because the person might bail on you in the first few dates. You shouldnt start putting signficant time & money into a girl until you're getting a return on investment (kisses; affection; sex, etc)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Well here's an idea, have HER pay for stuff lol, if she likes you that much, see if she asks you out, be a bit cheeky and ask whether she'll treat you. Make her work for it OP. :tongue:
Take her out to McDonald's.
Reply 8
Original post by quentinhamilton
Take her out to McDonald's.

McDonald's is just too extravagant; a cup of supernoodle from PoundLand would suffice.
Is she oriental?. Sounds like classic Thai behaviour.
pump and dump mate, you should know this by now
Original post by MAINE.
Girls do do this, but the fact that she was open about it to you is a good sign...it suggests she's not going to try it on you.

Anyhow, situations like this are why the first 2/3 dates should never be anything more expensive than a drink/coffee/lunch somewhere cheapish, because the person might bail on you in the first few dates. You shouldnt start putting signficant time & money into a girl until you're getting a return on investment (kisses; affection; sex, etc)

yeh i've decided to give her a chance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending