The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by crazyinmedicine
Hi mate unfortunately procedures for application in easteran european countries are very complicated and long winded. Every one who i know and even me have be come through and agent. The main task is to find the right agent who will sort you out there are many agencies who claim to get the admission dont but not all of them are reliable.
In order to be accepted by the uni you require 2 B's in 2 science subjects.
The deadline varry from county to county and university to university.
Hope it answer your question.
Ps have you got any unis in mind and whats your presicted grades

could you also pm me the agency you used
could people please stop pm agencies and just put a list so that people can see thanks in advance.
Original post by 4144
Hello, has anyone applied to sofia medical university through study medicine europe?

Yes I did, have you?
Original post by amin418
could people please stop pm agencies and just put a list so that people can see thanks in advance.

There's many, I used study medicine Europe.

What uni are you looking to apply to ?

I think if you want an October start the deadline is on the 23rd to Sofia medical uni. I don't think they're accepting anymore application for other unis
Hey guys, so I'm going through my application right now to Sofia medical school, hopefully should get place.
Just wondering how many of you guys also going there this October? Honestly would be great to get to know you guys before, for sure it's a nerve wrecking experience especially students moving to a whole different country ALONE (like me :frown:) Please hit me up if you guys are going to Sofia and we can break ice beforehand, I sound like a proper beg right now but I don't bite 😝

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pink01pink
Hey guys, so I'm going through my application right now to Sofia medical school, hopefully should get place.
Just wondering how many of you guys also going there this October? Honestly would be great to get to know you guys before, for sure it's a nerve wrecking experience especially students moving to a whole different country ALONE (like me :frown:) Please hit me up if you guys are going to Sofia and we can break ice beforehand, I sound like a proper beg right now but I don't bite 😝

Posted from TSR Mobile

2nd year med student here, trust me there is nothing to be nervous about, plenty of uk students here to look out for you, plus if 1st year is anything like us 2nd yeat students you're gonna have a blast :smile:
Original post by halal kebab5
2nd year med student here, trust me there is nothing to be nervous about, plenty of uk students here to look out for you, plus if 1st year is anything like us 2nd yeat students you're gonna have a blast :smile:

Ah really! Seems great!

How's the work load like etc? Also how's the accom like? I've been looking online and I don't seem to like any :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah really! Seems great!

How's the work load like etc? Also how's the accom like? I've been looking online and I don't seem to like any :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

work load nothing compared to a levels
you cant find a decent apartment until you come here, my accomodation is really good thats only cuz i came here early september and started looking around but theres still plenty of decent ones i wouldnt be too worried about it
work load nothing compared to a levels
you cant find a decent apartment until you come here, my accomodation is really good thats only cuz i came here early september and started looking around but theres still plenty of decent ones i wouldnt be too worried about it

Thanks, seems so long !!!
So are you there now in Bulgaria ? How many days are you in a week roughly ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, seems so long !!!
So are you there now in Bulgaria ? How many days are you in a week roughly ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha np its kinda long but once youve settled in you'll be alright
yeah in sofia now chilling lol
how many days im in uni every week?
haha np its kinda long but once youve settled in you'll be alright
yeah in sofia now chilling lol
how many days im in uni every week?

Yeah I hope so, as it was so last min I have all my packing to do also !!

Yeah? Sorry if that didn't come out clearly. What's the time table like ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I hope so, as it was so last min I have all my packing to do also !!

Yeah? Sorry if that didn't come out clearly. What's the time table like ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

don't worry too much its just like the uk here with shopping centres you can pretty much buy anything i just came to sofia with hand carry no baggage and £1000 to spend on clothes and household stuff lol

time table is different for each year, i have friday and mondays off ( long weekends) :biggrin::biggrin: but yeah you get free periods in between lectures and practicals
Reply 152
Anyone here off to Medical University Varna?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 153

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I'm in the same boat!! :smile: a very late application to Sofia going through at the moment (just trying to sort out documentation). If all things go as they should I'll be starting in October. Agreed about it all being a bit nerve wrecking...not entirely sure what to expect :s. Good to hear from others on here who are positive about the experience though :biggrin:.
Original post by nmt567
Hey, I'm in the same boat!! :smile: a very late application to Sofia going through at the moment (just trying to sort out documentation). If all things go as they should I'll be starting in October. Agreed about it all being a bit nerve wrecking...not entirely sure what to expect :s. Good to hear from others on here who are positive about the experience though :biggrin:.

Yay! So glad to hear from someone, yeah I'm in exact same position of application lol sorting documents etc.

Do you know when we actually move in/start lectures ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I completed my A2 but i dont feel ready to suddenly start medicine, so i'm planning it out for next year. anyways the reason why im writing this is what university do you think is better pleven, plovdiv or sofia.

plus did u take a student loan or your loaded family:wink:
any current students at medical universities in bulgaria> what is the average percentage you need to pass an exam because all the unis their differ some are in the 50,60,70 percentile no standardised marking.
Yay! So glad to hear from someone, yeah I'm in exact same position of application lol sorting documents etc.

Do you know when we actually move in/start lectures ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I must say it's a relief to know I'm not the only one applying a little late :biggrin:. I did ask the guy I spoke to at SME this and he said term started on the 12th October, I'm not sure if that was lectures properly started then or whether that was just the official term start date.In terms of moving in, tbh I'm a little unsure how it's going to work, I'm working up until the week before term starts so will only be there a few days before the 12th so it'll all probably be a bit of a rush :s. Do you know when you're planning on going out there?
Original post by amin418
I completed my A2 but i dont feel ready to suddenly start medicine, so i'm planning it out for next year. anyways the reason why im writing this is what university do you think is better pleven, plovdiv or sofia.

plus did u take a student loan or your loaded family:wink:

plovdiv is probably the best IMO, and you should have just started med 1st year you will regret it next year cuz its so easy, nothing compared to a levels and youre gonna enjoy the studying here
Original post by Bobjenson
Yeah, I must say it's a relief to know I'm not the only one applying a little late :biggrin:. I did ask the guy I spoke to at SME this and he said term started on the 12th October, I'm not sure if that was lectures properly started then or whether that was just the official term start date.In terms of moving in, tbh I'm a little unsure how it's going to work, I'm working up until the week before term starts so will only be there a few days before the 12th so it'll all probably be a bit of a rush :s. Do you know when you're planning on going out there?

Yeah I thought I was really late also, deffo feel at ease knowing there's people applying late too. Yeah my agency said you come in couple of days before to sort accom out and stuff? So maybe like the 10th or even before. Seems really rushed but I'm hella excited!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending