The Student Room Group

Haven't heard from one uni, is this normal?

I have received 'thank you for applying' emails from all of my unis except Liverpool. I have also received one offer. I sent off my application on Thursday 15th October, got first offer the same day.
Liverpool is my first choice and im really worried about not hearing from them, does anyone know if this is normal and does it mean ive been rejected???
help please im really worried about it now. Also is it possible to receive offers at weekends or at night?
Reply 1
Original post by unihelp98
I have received 'thank you for applying' emails from all of my unis except Liverpool. I have also received one offer. I sent off my application on Thursday 15th October, got first offer the same day.
Liverpool is my first choice and im really worried about not hearing from them, does anyone know if this is normal and does it mean ive been rejected???
help please im really worried about it now. Also is it possible to receive offers at weekends or at night?

lol its been 3 days...dont be so impatient! Unis receive tones of applications now so they may not reply to you straight away.
I got my Aberdeen "thank you for applying" in december and I applied same time you did.
Reply 2
Original post by Nottie
lol its been 3 days...dont be so impatient! Unis receive tones of applications now so they may not reply to you straight away.
I got my Aberdeen "thank you for applying" in december and I applied same time you did.

no, the reason i am worried is because i have not got the thank you for applying email from them not the email. please read what i wrote. Also everyone else i know who applied to liver got offers quick so obviously i am going to worry.
I wouldn't worry, I haven't received any offers yet and I sent mine on the same day as you. Some universities are slower than others. :smile:
Also, I haven't received an acknowledgement/thank you from Manchester so don't worry! It'll come soon
Reply 5
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
I wouldn't worry, I haven't received any offers yet and I sent mine on the same day as you. Some universities are slower than others. :smile:

thank you, you were a lot less rude than that other girl. that makes me feel better.
Reply 6

Not all unis send them, and even those that do don't always send them straight away. I realise it's annoying because it's only one that hasn't, but it is fine.

Offers are only official when they're on UCAS Track, and that won't update on Sundays or late at night. It is possible you might receive some correspondence from a uni at that time, if a member of staff is working late, but still unlikely.
Dont worry, they have dozens of applications to go through.

When I applied last year in october, one uni gave me an offer near christmas time whilst others mid-november. Just be patient and dont give up hope just yet.

Also about the 'thank you email', I havent recieved it from one of the unis who gave me an offer either. The thank you email, is just an acknowledgement that they have recieved it, as mentioned above some unis are faster than others.
Reply 8
no, the reason i am worried is because i have not got the thank you for applying email from them not the email. please read what i wrote. Also everyone else i know who applied to liver got offers quick so obviously i am going to worry.

yeah thats what I mean. The aotumatic thank you for applying stuff.

And depending on what degree you do, the uni may take longer to reply. Take medicine for example, where you have to wait till after Christmas to start getting offers for most of the unis
I would not worry, those "Thank you for applying" emails seem to be automated and slow. I only today received that email from Manchester, despite having arranged an interview with them over a week ago...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending