The Student Room Group

If you could write your personal statement totally honestly, what would you say?

Scroll to see replies

Please let me in to do English because it's the only thing I'm good at. I also reeeeeeaaallly don't want to go and get a 9-5 job because that means responsibility and I'm 17 FOR CHRISTS SAKE, how am I supposed to know what I want to do for the next 50 years???????? I have no ambition for the future and can't even think of a reason I want to go to university other than to leave home and the off-chance I might get a higher paid job.

P.S. If you want to see some of my writing I can send you my diary for a good laugh??
Reply 121
I have made a plan for my life to get from step 1 to you. Your university is my starting point having already done very well in my A Levels. My teachers think I have leadership qualities which they alternatively condemn and praise. I am funny, play football and have the respect of my classmates.Just look at my grades and tick accept. Don't make me write a lot of stuff, I fit in everywhere
Reply 122
Lastly I want to be the youngest Prime Minister and concentrate on making young people like myself happy
Original post by Jazzy99
Lastly I want to be the youngest Prime Minister and concentrate on making young people like myself happy

I am not sure your career is on track.

Age 14 go to Cambridge University

Age 17 graduate

Age 21 called to the bar

Age 21 fail to gain seat at general election

Age 21 win by-election

Aged 22 refuse ministerial office

Age 23 appointed Chancellor of Exchequer

Aged 23 turn down Prime Ministership and join opposition

Aged 24 become Prime Minister and Chancellor of Exchequer

Remain Prime Minister for next 17 years
Original post by nulli tertius
I am not sure your career is on track.

Age 14 go to Cambridge University

Age 17 graduate

Age 21 called to the bar

Age 21 fail to gain seat at general election

Age 21 win by-election

Aged 22 refuse ministerial office

Age 23 appointed Chancellor of Exchequer

Aged 23 turn down Prime Ministership and join opposition

Aged 24 become Prime Minister and Chancellor of Exchequer

Remain Prime Minister for next 17 years

Pitt the Younger eh?
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Pitt the Younger eh?

Yes

8 of the youngest 10 Prime Ministers first took office between 1756 and 1812.

The other two are the only two Prime Ministers born as subjects of Queen Elizabeth II; Tony Blair and David Cameron
Reply 126
As Oscar Wilde said some of us are in the gutter but looking up at the stars, ok I am paraphrasing.
Aim high and you wont fall beyond the ground you stand on. Or I might be like Michael Heseltine (Thatcher government) every step of his plan until it came to over throwing her and taking her job. 'Best laid plans of mice and men come to nothing in the end.
We never really know what lies ahead of us, but it is nice to make a pre-determined map so we can find our way back when we get lost. John Lennon said 'life is something that happens to you while you are making other plans'
Reply 127
No want to join professional football club now, go uni at 19, probably study politics and law. Become youngest Prime Minister, still play football, quit PM's after I change university fees, cancel out all payment to student loans, bound to get high profile job, maybe the International Monetary Fund. Have to quit PM's job early, they look really old after the first stint. Can't help the shorter life span Pitt the Younger was challenged with, but we are lucky to live longer if we have money and good health.
Swaggity swoony, let me into uni.
I wrote an article about this here :woo:
Reply 130
'I've done a bit of voluntary work to impress you lot who are sitting at your huge, mahogany desks in your £400 suits reading hundreds upon thousands of ****e statements of people selling out, just to have the privilege of paying 9k per year to be lectured by someone who almost made it in the industry but didn't quite because they probably attended an even worse educational establishment. Anyway this voluntary work makes me less heartless and a wee bit motivated to do this course that I'm half interested in although really I just want to play around with cameras for a few years and then probably go full time at Sainsbury's with second job role on Facebook of 'Self-employed production company'. So give me an unconditional offer cos of my triple A predicted grades that I won't get and we can call it a day, and you can move onto the next ****wit.'

Phew... I think I'm in...
'Tbh i'm only doing this for the money,
Tnx for reading'
I love books. I love reading books and I love talking to people about books and I have done so for as long as I can remember (seriously, I told my mum how much I liked the word "viaduct" from Thomas the Tank Engine, whilst sitting on the potty at the age of two).

If you let me study English Literature at your university, then I will be able to spend three glorious years reading great books and talking about those books with people who enjoy it as much as I do.

Please let me in because, whatever anybody else says, they won't appreciate it anywhere near as much as I would!
My personal statement was honest (in terms of my interest for the subject and the activities I've done) however I feel that it's just too flowery and doesn't include nearly as much as I've actually done or is actually personal so this would be my fully honest one if I could submit it to UCAS.

Dear sir/madame,

Please let me study chemistry and physics, I love these subjects and it's the only thing that stops me from slipping back into my ****ty life that I have at home. I want to get away from here and actually feel like a kid for another 4 years (and hopefully some more) rather than having to look after my grandma on my own while my mum just ignores me. It would save us both a lot of time if you just clicked that accept button and got me out of here. I don't have enough characters on my actual PS to tell you how **** my life is because I can't even fit the reams of extra stuff that an asian parent forces you to do nor do you care about my sob story. Maybe I could bribe you with cookies? Does UCAS even let you send cookies? I hope so.

My grades are okay but not the best as it seems missing most days of sixth form does not help with your A Levels...

Kind regards,
Desperate half asian kid who wants to get away from home and just wants to learn forever.

PS: plz let me in xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending