The Student Room Group

Why is Zyzz such an iconic figure?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Wavefunction
Also, how the **** did h guy weigh 220lbs/107kg (Wikipedia)?! Appreciate he was tallish but looks 190lbs/95kg max.

Roids.
Also, how the **** did h guy weigh 220lbs/107kg (Wikipedia)?! Appreciate he was tallish but looks 190lbs/95kg max.

Well the first thing you need to realise is that you have absolutely no idea how to convert kilograms to pounds and vice versa, so you're probably not that good at estimating how much people weigh.
Original post by SmashConcept
Well the first thing you need to realise is that you have absolutely no idea how to convert kilograms to pounds and vice versa, so you're probably not that good at estimating how much people weigh.

I'm fully aware that there's 2.2lbs in a kilo, it was just a very quick guestimation. Think I was a kilo out, hardly miles is it.
I find this kind of body building culture deeply weird and incredibly homoerotic.
I'm fully aware that there's 2.2lbs in a kilo, it was just a very quick guestimation. Think I was a kilo out, hardly miles is it.

You're aware that there are 2.2 lbs in a kilo, yet you were 7 kilos out when trying to convert 220 lbs.

That's special. There's no other way of saying it I'm afraid.
Original post by SmashConcept
You're aware that there are 2.2 lbs in a kilo, yet you were 7 kilos out when trying to convert 220 lbs.

That's special. There's no other way of saying it I'm afraid.

Ah. I see what I did. My bad, just an error. I'm not that retarded that I can't multiply 100 by 2.2.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I find this kind of body building culture deeply weird and incredibly homoerotic.

Yeah we're all closet gays, too afraid to face society.
Because of all the photos/videos of him which show his transformation from a skinny scene kid to jacked and also how his lifestyle completely changed. He probably got girls before anyway but he successfully marketed himself as WoW-nerd turned greek god and he's got the success story we all want for ourselves but chances are if u are some socially awkard kid, even if you get jacked this won't happen to you.
Original post by e aí rapaz
I don't really know about him specifically, my point was that being an ******* and having the persona of an ******* aren't really two different things.

A persona is effectively a character or role a person adopts, just like a lot of actors/actresses portray a certain imagine in their films.

Therefore, your last statement is incorrect, they are indeed polar opposites.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

Do you lift?
Original post by TorpidPhil
Roids.

Stupid response, even on substances it'd take the average lifter a lot of hard work to reach that bodyfat/weight/muscle correlation.
Original post by King Leonidas
Stupid response, even on substances it'd take the average lifter a lot of hard work to reach that bodyfat/weight/muscle correlation.

But that's the only reason he looks so unrealistically low body fat for his huge weight - roids.
I'm quite glad of people making celebrities of each other online in this way, it's far better than idolising proper celebrities who are totally fake people
But that's the only reason he looks so unrealistically low body fat for his huge weight - roids.

His brother and several of his friends would've likely been on the same bicycle as Zyzz, but they didn't look near as good as he did (sure his genetics determined his insertions and symmetry, but it really does go beyond mere genetic makeup and steroids). I don't comprehend why you're rooting his progress down to solely steroids without even acknowledging his diet plan and training regime.
His brother and several of his friends would've likely been on the same bicycle as Zyzz, but they didn't look near as good as he did (sure his genetics determined his insertions and symmetry, but it really does go beyond mere genetic makeup and steroids). I don't comprehend why you're rooting his progress down to solely steroids without even acknowledging his diet plan and training regime.

I'm not ffs... I'm just saying roids are necessary for that physique and the reason it is so shocking is because he's a dude on roids. Normal people don't see roiders that much, you know, non-lifters? They actually think that being that low body fat and 100kg is attainable for normal 5'10 men. When obviously it isn't.
A persona is effectively a character or role a person adopts, just like a lot of actors/actresses portray a certain imagine in their films.

Therefore, your last statement is incorrect, they are indeed polar opposites.

The difference with actors is people know they're playing a role. We are talking about when a guy tells a woman she's a slut for no real reason (I don't know if this guy did this and I don't really care, but someone earlier in the thread said he did). In that case there's no real difference between that just being a "persona" or his real personality, because it affects the person the same either way.
I'm not ffs... I'm just saying roids are necessary for that physique and the reason it is so shocking is because he's a dude on roids. Normal people don't see roiders that much, you know, non-lifters? They actually think that being that low body fat and 100kg is attainable for normal 5'10 men. When obviously it isn't.

I think it's hard to argue that Zyzz's physique was "obviously unattainable" for naturals.
Yes, Zyzz used steroids but he still obviously trained like a motherf***er and would have had a strict diet.
Steroids aren't just some magic pill that you pop and then the next day you wake up like Arnold. You still need to work hard, they just allow you to go further, faster.
That's the first time I've heard recreational drug use referred to as a "strict diet."

Zyzz was open about taking steroids to offset the fact that he didn't really want to train for a long time or sacrifice aspects of his social life that more dedicated people would need to give up.
he had unique insertions

Quick Reply

Latest