The Student Room Group

So has uni been the best time of your life so far?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by intoxycated
I've been asking myself the same thing ever since getting here

the only thing that numbs me up is random guys from clubs.

Figure out what usually makes you happy and try to attain it. Do you have any close friends you can hang out with? If no, why? Where could you find them? If your flatmates suck, talk to people on your course. Join sport clubs and societies you are interested in to find like-minded people.

Do you enjoy your chosen subject? If not, is there a chance it will change in the future? Or can you still change your degree?
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I suppose I feel overall negative (three weeks in, first year). I haven't been out at all; I haven't made any friends - obviously I've spoken to people and all lol but I can only just call some acquaintances and that's it -, I'm not very good at living independently and the course is interesting but not exactly amazing, plus I am finding the constant assessment structure (worth a small amount but still worth something) stressful. But I don't know what else I would do lol. My life just seems to be moving along of it's own accord, and I don't know where I'm going but I know that I'm relatively "safe" with this course of action. But I'm not growing as a person, if anything I'm shrinking; even if the degree goes well I won't be employable the way I'm going, so really it's probably an illusion. Oh well.

Dont be too harsh ob yourself. I d assume that most peiple there are quite anti social ?
overrated
if your life revolves around clubbing every week, then yeah, i can understand why it would be so great
Original post by hihihihihi
Being over 10 was the worst mistake of my life.

elaborate?
Original post by Straighthate

if your life revolves around clubbing every week, then yeah, i can understand why it would be so great

this i don't understand how people don't get bored....it's boring AF.

I guess we are the finer men in life....:wink:
Reply 25
Nope. It's overrated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by trapking
this i don't understand how people don't get bored....it's boring AF.

I guess we are the finer men in life....:wink:

i wouldnt say im finer, just different
my idea of a good night is watching a film, playing a board game and getting stoned :smile: or going to the gym/run

i vehemently hate the drinking/clubbing culture,
packed into a club like livestock and dancing like someone with a lobotomy for 4 hours is stupid
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Straighthate

my idea of a good night is watching a film, playing a board game :smile: or going to the gym/run

i vehemently hate the drinking/clubbing culture, packed into a club like livestock

same :smile:

Edit: LOL lobotomy :lol:
Reply 28
Original post by Duke Glacia
Dont be too harsh ob yourself. I d assume that most peiple there are quite anti social ?

It's just me really. I guess in general in the past I've always got on best in real life with very extroverted people; with fellow introverts the conversation feels more mechanical, more laborious, it's strange. And I'm on a top floor; most people are here because they asked for a quieter place; they're not in general antisocial but they aren't in general extroverted either. I take very little social initiative and tend to prefer to hang around those who are the opposite I guess. I presume you mean antisocial in the sense of not socializing rather than like psychopaths lol. :colonhash:
It's just me really. I guess in general in the past I've always got on best in real life with very extroverted people; with fellow introverts the conversation feels more mechanical, more laborious, it's strange. And I'm on a top floor; most people are here because they asked for a quieter place; they're not in general antisocial but they aren't in general extroverted either. I take very little social initiative and tend to prefer to hang around those who are the opposite I guess. I presume you mean antisocial in the sense of not socializing rather than like psychopaths lol. :colonhash:

I mean not taljin much and reserved. I guess most nathematucian are like that.
Original post by trapking
elaborate?

No responsibilities and no worry in the world.
Reply 31
I mean not taljin much and reserved. I guess most nathematucian are like that.

I'd say the mix of people isn't too different to the general population. Some are more reserved, some less. But I guess on average there is a slightly greater tendency to introversion.
I'd say the mix of people isn't too different to the general population. Some are more reserved, some less. But I guess on average there is a slightly greater tendency to introversion.

But dont you find it interesting ti be surrounded by like minded people. I dream of being surrounded by like minded peiole.

And i yiur english is really good ,even on tsr .........mr bertrund russel
Reply 33
But dont you find it interesting ti be surrounded by like minded people. I dream of being surrounded by like minded peiole.

And i yiur english is really good ,even on tsr .........mr bertrund russel

Yeah, fairly (though naturally this is only when I'm actually doing stuff on my course which takes up about 21 hours of my week I think). Thanks. :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending