The Student Room Group

Reapplying during a year out, need some advice

I missed out on my firm choice in August, and decided I didn't want to take my insurance place but instead chose to take a year out and reapply. I'm currently still undecided whether I want to stay at home- requiring me to retake an A-level- or move away to university- which I could do with my current grades. Is it possible to send in a UCAS application that covers both these possible scenarios? Whereby I aim to get unconditional offers from the universities that I meet the entry requirements for already, and a conditional offer from the one that would require a retake? (obviously I'd apply to retake before sending in the application). Or is this all far too complicated?

Hope this makes sense, would really appreciate any advice
Original post by jay_em
I missed out on my firm choice in August, and decided I didn't want to take my insurance place but instead chose to take a year out and reapply. I'm currently still undecided whether I want to stay at home- requiring me to retake an A-level- or move away to university- which I could do with my current grades. Is it possible to send in a UCAS application that covers both these possible scenarios? Whereby I aim to get unconditional offers from the universities that I meet the entry requirements for already, and a conditional offer from the one that would require a retake? (obviously I'd apply to retake before sending in the application). Or is this all far too complicated?

Hope this makes sense, would really appreciate any advice

Yes. If you meet the entry reqs, you will get an unconditional offer. Whereas, if you were to, say, apply to a university you don't meet the entry requirements for, you could get a conditional offer to gain those grades.

Obviously, you'll need to include your retakes on your UCAS form + a reference and predicted grades from a referee.

The takeaway is you can apply to some you meet the entry reqs for and some you don't (granted you're predicted to meet them).

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Princepieman
Yes. If you meet the entry reqs, you will get an unconditional offer. Whereas, if you were to, say, apply to a university you don't meet the entry requirements for, you could get a conditional offer to gain those grades.

Obviously, you'll need to include your retakes on your UCAS form + a reference and predicted grades from a referee.

The takeaway is you can apply to some you meet the entry reqs for and some you don't (granted you're predicted to meet them).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the advice!
Reply 3
maybe too late, but does anybody know when the deadline to enter for resits as an external candidate is?
Original post by pje1000
maybe too late, but does anybody know when the deadline to enter for resits as an external candidate is?

February

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending